Girls toys that you guys sometimes played with

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    I was given a Malibu Barbie ... the greatest joy she ever gave me was knowing how much my sister wanted her. (She eventually got her for her own kids many years later). Apart from that...does cutting my sister's Growing hair someone or other's hair count? Or how about feeding her Baby Alive with dirt? Perhaps surprisingly, my sister and I are great friends now.

Leave a comment:

• Werewolf
    replied
    When I was little I had Bionic Woman, Fembot, Princess Leia, Uhura and Wonder Woman. In my teens I started collecting Jem and a few Barbies here and there I thought were cool.

Leave a comment:

• MegoGeek
    replied
    I was terrified of dolls of girls when I was little.

I remember a mego figure hunt I went on with my Mother and older sister at a Dept. store when I was about five.

I was looking for some superheroes and my sister found a Supergirl that had been ripped from it's box and had 1 breast exposed(no doubt by some curious young boy.) She thrust the figure within a few inches of my face and and exclaimed "HOW ABOUT THIS ONE!!"

Terrified, I cringed, pulled back and whined, "Nooooooooooo!"

A few short years later I clearly remember sitting in front of a large 12 back SW display near the checkouts of my local hardware store.

I had gotten almost all the 12 backs by that time missing only the late released Tusken Raider, Jawa, Death Squad Commander and....(gulp)Princess Leia, who was totally common.

I agonized at the display staring at the girlie figure of Leia. My Mom finally came back up to the register and told me to hurry up and pick one. In one shining moment of manhood I grabbed the Leia and slapped it on the counter.....I then grabbed a Sand Person and threw it on top to cover the Leia.

The rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• DocDrako
    replied
    I once illegally obtained a Mego Catwoman from my brother's birthday stash. Members from the previous board might remember the tale.

Also, when I was around 8 years old, some teenage girls down the street asked me if I had any play money. Of course I did. They offered to sell me a Barbie case containing Barbie and Skipper, as well as a bunch of clothes for all the play money I had. I accepted their offer.

My GI Joes had family now, but one day I caught my cousin Donald in the bathroom with Skipper. Let's just say he was being inappropriate. I got so mad that I cut off all of Skipper's hair and threw her under the sink. She remained under the sink for about 4 months until my mom threw her away. Barbie soon faded into obscurity as she wasn't allowed on GI Joe missions.

In the 90's I customized some Barbies into female members of the GI Joe RAH team. They were great stand-ins for my 12" GI Joe display.

Leave a comment:

• dumbldor
    replied
    I read all the Nancy Drew novels after I ran out of Hardy Boys to read.

I never had any female characters as a kid, but I sure do own a lot now.

Leave a comment:

• chalwa
    replied
    Confessions of a mego doll collector

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I did get the 12" Wonder Woman for my birthday one year. I was embarassed to own it, so I chucked the doll somewhere and stole her coat and glasses for my Superman, so he could be Clark Kent.
    Chris
    OKAY, OKAY! I confess.
    I also had the 12" Wonder Woman and after my 1st cousin said it was a girl's doll, I passed it on to my niece. All my brothers are a lot older than me and my nephews and nieces are all around my age. Heck, I have 1 niece who is a year older than me!
    No one gave me a hard time about my RC Batgirl tho'. Seemed a fit with Batman. Wonder Woman was different. 12" tall and a force in her own right. No Wonder Man to hang on to.
    For some reason my psyche never brought damsels in distress to the fore. My megos all fought their way out of traps or detected or traveled to Africa. I had seen a lot of Weismuller Tarzan movies and loved the locale. Green Arrow was a big hit in the jungle, believe you me!
    Never had a mego Tarzan tho'. Never even saw one in person. Even to this day.

bestest,

Chris (of Earth-1?)

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I borrowed my sister's Charlie Angels as damsels in distress for my Mego WGSH. My sister also had a doll house I used as Wayne Manor. I was friends with twins, one boy and one girl, who lived up the street. The girl had the Barbie dream house and we used it in our WGSH play schemes. I never had any of the 8" Super Gals, since I came into the WGSH in the late 70s. I never even saw them in the store, only on the card art. I did get the 12" Wonder Woman for my birthday one year. I was embarassed to own it, so I chucked the doll somewhere and stole her coat and glasses for my Superman, so he could be Clark Kent.

In later years I of course had female characters from MOTU, GI Joe and the Super Powers Wonder Woman.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Adam West
    replied
    My sister received a Lt. Uhura Mego for Christmas one year, I got Kirk, and my brother received Spock. My sister was disinterested in Star Trek so my brother and I added her to our existing collection and depending on what day it was, she might have knocked out Superman or an A.T. GI Joe and on other days, she took a beating along with the rest of the Star Trek crew from Spider-man and friends.

Leave a comment:

• RG
    replied
    my sister use to make me play Barbies with her. I never played right so it didn't last too long. My sister is 7 years older than me so I would have been like 3 and 4 years old how the heck would I know how to make a Barbie go on a date???

I do remember that she would give me the beat up dolls with rips in their dresses and I was the "poor" people, and her dolls were the "rich" people. Her dolls lived in the Town House and the ones she made me use lived under her bed.

I also played with Care Bears with my female cousin, and I even bought 3 bears for myself as a kid ... But I used them to try and eat my GI Joe figures when my cousin wasn't around.

Leave a comment:

• kingdom warrior
    replied
    I wanted the Invisible girl to go with the rest of my FF my mom refused to buy it for me instead bought it for my sister....I eventually got it from my sister who was never really into dolls. but It cost me two weeks allowance two weeks of Her watching any tv show she wanted....and me doing her chores!!! lol!

Leave a comment:

• HardyGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
    Does Donnie Osmond count????
    Uh....no. Even if it was market for girls, can you just see Donny as the damsel in distress?

Leave a comment:

• cjefferys
    replied
    I sometimes played with my sister's Bionic Woman, large size Princess Leia, Derry Daring and Mego Supergirl, Wonderwoman and Catwoman. And sometimes my sister and I would play together, my superheroes and her Barbies would pile into her Barbie camper and everyone would go on a camping trip (the size difference between the Megos and Barbies were just taken in stride ). If only Mego had actually made that KISS camping set, then my KISS figures could go too. My sister had a few Star Wars figures, so sometimes we would just play Star Wars, so it all evened out.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by HardyGirl
    And BTW...destroying your sisters Barbies don't count!
    Oh, then I am out of the running. I was that kid who had no girlish toys whatsoever, I coveted a Mego Supergirl but was too afraid to be called a cissy to buy one.

In 1975 in an attempt to bond with my older sister, I purchased a Ken doll . She being five years my senior, continued to ignore me. Her Barbie phase seemed to last all of six months anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Count Creepyhead
    replied
    Does Donnie Osmond count????

Leave a comment:

• megocanada
    replied
    I remember my Nanny spending me money for Christmas and I bought a Jamie Sommers. It went good with my Steve Austin

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎