Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron_fox85
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 14, 2008

cousin said they had 'james and the giant peach' toys... -.o that lil fibber.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• 60'schild
      Silver Haired Silver Ager
      • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by Sweep Secondhand
      Reading these again brings back great memories. It's amazing that almost all of us had these liars as schoolmates and neighbors as kids.

Another guy, Mike N., claimed to not only have a Mego Green Lantern but that it talked! He said he recited his oath if you put his power ring in the lantern battery that was also included...
      That's my favorite part of the thread! (Being a GL fan, I'd love to have my Mego do that, LOL! (as long as it wasn't taken over by Parallex, and promptly begins to decimate the other members of the Green Lantern Corps!!

Comment

• livingdead70
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2009

I still meet people today that claim they had a rocket firing Fett.
        I was talking to some guy a few years ago that was swearing up and down that that Vader and Obi Wan had cloth capes at first too. Even after being shown evidence that it wasnt true.
        Where I live there is an army base nearby, so we had alot of kids that had lived in Germany, Korea etc.. back in the 70s, I dont know how many times I heard Well they had star wars over there before here and the toys were better.......... anyone else ever get that one?
        trey

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

What an amazing thread!

The scary part is that before I even read this, earlier today I told a friend of mine a story that happened that would fit in here perfectly

Back in the 80's a friend of mine (Eric C) was swearing up and down that he had an articulated black spiderman (outfit) toy figure and went on to tell me he bought it at Zayres. I think I made my mom drive down there and we checked with no results. About two weeks later I went over to his house and asked to see the figure. Eric had the figure set up in his room hanging on a makeshift web (string) from his celing. It turns out he took one of the very early G.I Joe Snakeyes figures and added in decals (or it was paint) and made himself black spiderman

I do know most kids would lie about odd giant size Shogun Warriors that did not exist (recall someone saying they made a Mothra as well as Angillas that went with the toyline) and especially Star wars figures they had or had seen somewhere other than our area (yup, rocket firing boba was one). The one I do remember was when the figures had the 12 back and that it was the deathstar squad commander but with a regular square helmet and not a round one (or it was that the helmet was removable)

Shortly after the Godzilla vs Tricephalon monster playset came out from HG toys. I was told by numorous people that they made other similar sets with Godzilla fighting some other monster from Toho. The other was that pictures of the set HG toys used on the box were much nicer in detail and slightly different than the actual toy itself. Others claimed to have these nicer (prob prototype) versions. Both of these lies kept me searching until the cows came home

Another story is where I tried to call the kid out and he came through. In third grade this one kid named Adam claimed his dad worked for Matchbox and he could get you literally any toy car you wanted for free. Back then I had a green volkswagon/funny car and I am pretty sure the top lifted up to see the inside. At that point in time the car was long gone off the shelves (that being the early 80's). So I asked him if he can get me the green volkswagon. He said "I will have it for you". Sure enough within one day he came into school and gave me a mint version inside the old square boxes they used to sell them in!!! Imagine if more BS stories like that were actually true ended up like this one--
          Last edited by mazinz; Jun 7, '09, 11:27 PM. Reason: info-typos
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎