Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Those were the shows we watched...although most of it went over my head since I was just a kid. I remember Baretta with his white bird, Kojak, Streets of SF, Columbo. Of course, we also were forced to watch Lawrence Welk.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

Personally, I never understood the toy appeal of something like Kojak. What kid would want a Kojak figure, when he could have Superman or Spiderman? I dunno, maybe it's just me... Even as an adult, I can remember pretty vividly, when I was sculpting the "Reservoir Dogs" action figures, thinking; "Who is gonna buy these? They're all guys in sunglasses and black suits. Even as a "collectible" on a shelf, I simply never saw it... Dull and boring. Talk about peg warmers.

Just my 2

SC
      Last edited by Cmonster; Mar 13, '10, 2:15 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Cmonster
        Personally, I never understood the toy appeal of something like Kojak. What kid would want a Kojak figure, when he could have Superman or Spiderman? I dunno, maybe it's just me...
        SC

It's you.....

Seriously.
        Maybe it was also a question of supply here in Europe.
        Most of the WGSH were not released here in Belgium. I just saw Batman, Robin and Superman.

When you're starved for toys, Kojak is still a welcome addition.
        But I actually watched and liked the show, so that will have been my main motivation.....
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎