X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Pickups from my recent trip to Tokyo.

My focus was books this time, and I will post up some of those finds a bit later, but I wanted to start with some of the bigger finds.

Bullmark Ivory Red King. This sculpt has several decos, but I got this one for a good price.

Bullmark Alien Baltan. Pretty common figure but looks great in a display.
    Last edited by B-Lister; May 4, '24, 10:29 PM.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wow, those look great.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

More to come!
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Sunstar Gegege no Kitaro shampoo bottle. This is a Kitaro Soaky!

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Nice.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Marusan Kitaro sofubi I picked up at Super Fest.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Been looking for the bandai variants of Ultraman and Ultraseven's World Heroes figures. Got this nice Ultraman in the box!

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

All of these are awesome, but I love those Bullmarks!
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I love Bullmark. But my Sibling somehow found a MARUSAN Baragon on this trip.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

These are some great pickups, love the bandai Ultraman, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 8, 2015

Well done, Justin. But, we need stories. Stories. Looking forward to the books!!

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                        Well done, Justin. But, we need stories. Stories. Looking forward to the books!!
                        What sort of stories? Howabout the first night, our internal clocks were still out of sync, so my sibling and I both woke at 3 am and wandered a quiet, deserted Tokyo in the wee hours, searching for ghosts.

And we were successful.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Books you say? Well, I was specifically hunting Shigeru Mizuki.

A few days into the trip I was visiting a friend in Tachikawa. We went to his local Surugaya specialty shop (a really cool thrift shop full of secondhand anime goods). After having a fun time there I popped into a bookshop and found a complete set of Mizuki's Kashihon (Rental Manga) for Hakaba Kitaro (Kitaro of the Graveyard, precursor to Gegege no Kitaro)

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

Here's a couple items I SAW but could not BUY...

Ken Owashii was NOT FOR SALE. He was part of a gallery of Gatchaman memorabilia on display at Nakano Broadway.

Leopardon WAS for sale at Super Fest but was in poor condition, and priced way too high. Best thing about it was the box.

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

It's been a few days and I haven't gotten any feedback on my latest updates. LMK if you'd like to see more!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎