Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plot outline for new MOTU movie. Wow, you have got to be kidding me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Plot outline for new MOTU movie. Wow, you have got to be kidding me.

From Deadline.com​

"According to a plot description, the reboot "revolves around 9-year-old Prince Adam crashing to Earth in a spaceship and being separated from his Magical Sword – the only link to his home on Eternia. After tracking it down almost two decades later, Adam is whisked back across space to defend his home planet against the evil forces of Skeletor. But to defeat such a powerful villain, Prince Adam first will need to uncover the mysteries of his past and become He-Man — the most powerful man in the universe."

Wait, what? Oh, come on! No one wants to see another MOTU movie take place on Earth. ​It shouldn't be this hard. It's a copy of Superman the movie but with He-Man.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 15, '24, 10:11 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Has any visual media every told the story of how Adam was chosen to become He-Man, and given the sword? Hollywood is usually tripping over themselves to release an origin movie. Seems a no-brainer to start there, especially since it hasn't been exploited to death!
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The origin has been done before in the comics, story books and cartoons. They don't need to send Adam to Earth to tell an origin story. They are having the majority of the movie take place on Earth for the same reason the 87 movie did, to keep the budget small. I'm not going to stress too much on it though, I'd be shocked if this actually gets made.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

That sounds more like a CW series than a MOTU movie.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Has any visual media every told the story of how Adam was chosen to become He-Man, and given the sword? Hollywood is usually tripping over themselves to release an origin movie. Seems a no-brainer to start there, especially since it hasn't been exploited to death!
          The 2002 series gave us origins for both He-Man and Skeletor.

the Skeletor origin is slightly different (but still consistent) in MOTU Revolution.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I don't think this is about cost savings. I think this is because Barbie just made a jillion dollars with a similar conceit of there being 2 worlds, the toy world and the real world.

Of course, that idea worked for Barbie, because the movie was trying to comment on the real world and Barbie's place in our culture. But I don't expect Mattel and the Hollywood executives to be introspective enough to grasp that subtlety. But I do expect them to find a way to include Will Ferrell in MOTU as comic relief.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎