Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Outer Space Men LLC
    • Nov 8, 2009

OSM Non Sport Cards

I found a company who's printer has all 1970's equipment. The cards will resemble the original Star Wars cards. The wax wrappers are out of control and the gum is individually wrapped for today's China lead paint world that we live in. I am trying to keep the cost of individual packs down to $3.00. I am trying. Thanks so much, Gary.

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by The Outer Space Men LLC
      I found a company who's printer has all 1970's equipment. The cards will resemble the original Star Wars cards. The wax wrappers are out of control and the gum is individually wrapped for today's China lead paint world that we live in. I am trying to keep the cost of individual packs down to $3.00. I am trying. Thanks so much, Gary.
      Cool, sounds good...well, except for the lead paint! Seriously, I'm a fan of old trading cards (an new trading cards that look like old trading cards), so I look forward to checking them out!

Are you planning to distribute the cards through Diamond in the comic book shops or will they just be available at the website?
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man, congrats on tracking down somebody to print wax packs, that's a task in itself.

As for reproduction figures, oh pretty please, I've always wanted a set but purely because of their wonderful design. I wasn't even born when they were released.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>Not too sure about that 70s gum, though. Isn't that a health hazard?

Only if you eat it, or use it to shiv someone.

>I wasn't even born when they were released.

Me too! That Colourforms set was the first time I saw 'em to; and I went nuts trying to find them! I'd love a Mego scaled set. Who would win; the Outer Space Men or the Tomland Star Raiders?

Don C.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Outer Space Men LLC
            The figures will be coming. I am hoping for 2010 for the release.
            That's awesome news. I've wanted a set of those for years. Amazing figures.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MysteryWho
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 16, 2008

You could definitely shiv somebody with that gum. I would ask for wax packs in prison.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 20, 2008

The Outer Space Men LLC;

there was some talk about this a while back here. I assume you're that guy in the video with all the masters and unreleased 2nd series of the Outer Space Men (see my post with links to the YouTube videos)?

I really hope you are able to offer reproductions of the original figures (including the unreleased 2nd series). That'd be awesome.

Keep us updated. And do you have a mailing list? You might want to start one to keep us updated on progress with the OSM.

Sean

Comment

• Nov 8, 2009

The Outer Space Men

Yes I am the guy with all of the prototype figures and thanks to you all for continuing the threads. My first question would be if anyone knows how to combine all of these threads and postings so that I can answer all of your questions about the return of the OSM. I think it would probably be the administrator of the blog to combine the threads. If anyone knows how to do this it would be great.

I promise you all that the Graphic Novel is not all that there will be. I will get the figures done. I have been approached by several companies to bring them back. I am waiting for the best deal and the best way in which to do it.

You are right that without a property behind me like a full length feature film my figures may just sit on shelves next to dead figures without properties either.

With the advent of Hollywood turning to famous toys in which to base films on and with the new Major Matt Mason film now in production starring Tom Hanks (it is his Playtone Production company doing the film) it would make perfect sense for my OSM to get to the screen as well. I have sent copies of the GN to Playtone and Tom Hanks to see if he would collaborate on a film project or even get my OSM to have a cameo appearance in the MMM film somewhat like Samuel L Jackson did a cameo in the end of Iron Man. The OSM were based on MMM anyway and certainly done to scale so that kids could play good guy bad guy with the figures if they so chose to.

The stick of gum just so everyone knows that will be in the Non Sport Card packs is freshly made and individually wrapped in sealed cello. It would have been a riot to get gum sticks left over from the 70's. A guy at the big apple con said that he had recently opened an old wax pack and tried the gum. It instantly turned to powder in his mouth and he threw up. Funny!

My mailing list I guess is registering on my OSM website. There are always new updates on products and stuff that I am doing. Don't forget everyone that the code MEGO will get you 20% off of the GN and Tee Shirts!

More to come!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

This, and the new Megos, is the best news of the year.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      This, and the new Megos, is the best news of the year.
                      Exactly. I would Love to have these figures beside my MEGOs
                      Sammy

Comment

• Nov 8, 2009

Outer Space Men Crazy Al Show

Hi everyone. Please take a moment to watch this interview that I did at the last comic show. I think that I touched on a lot of interesting facts that some of you may not know. Thanks so much, Gary.

CAC-TV.Com The Outer Space Men

Comment

• deputypowell
                          bloodthirsty member
                          • Nov 2, 2009

Oh My God! Outer Space Men are coming!

I remember reading an article in a toy magazine that had this guy that landed the series 2 prototypes. I am just as excited about these as I am about the new Mego's.

Great stuff! Maybe I should go hunt down the G.I Joe Adventure Team figures that came out a few years ago.

We are living in good toy time!
                          Wanted: Slime Sticker PLEASE!

Comment

• AAAAA
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by deputypowell
                            Oh My God! Outer Space Men are coming!

I remember reading an article in a toy magazine that had this guy that landed the series 2 prototypes. I am just as excited about these as I am about the new Mego's.

Great stuff! Maybe I should go hunt down the G.I Joe Adventure Team figures that came out a few years ago.

We are living in good toy time!
                            They went fast when they hit, walmart.

Comment

• deputypowell
                              bloodthirsty member
                              • Nov 2, 2009

I just watched the video four times...this is the guy you want pushing your favorite toy line. I am very, very excited about the Aliens line.
                              Wanted: Slime Sticker PLEASE!

Comment

• lepage
                                The Ape General
                                • Aug 12, 2001

I really want these. I hope the we get some sooner rather then later!?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎