Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Man, I really loved those Secret Wars figures. I actually bought some extras (on card) as a kid and when some got worn out, I would just open up the extra. Which seemed kind of clever at the time, though not so much now. To have a Wolverine action figure was cool beyond cool and then Daredevil. I used to spend the 15-20 minutes walking back from the bus stop after school imagining what characters they might put out next.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I have quite a few loose figures and vehicles/playsets, and a couple of carded figures.

I think the biggest problem with Secret Wars figures is that they will inevitably draw comparisons to the concurrent Super Powers line featuring the DC Comics characters, and the Marvel SW figures just cannot compete with the sculpts, articulation, and Action features of the SP Action Figures.

I collect prety much anything featuring DC or Marvel Superheroes, but Secret Wars kind of bottoms out the list of classic Vintage toy lines.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

SW always brings me back to my teen years, just starting to collect and they made me miss Mego. I really wanted to like them but things like Cap having no shield, Doom having no cape made it hard.

The playsets and vehicles (some recycled from the 70's heroes in action line) were also a sign that Mattel didn't really care all that much and it paled compared to Super Powers.

Nowadays though, I find all that charming and actually find myself interested in the line.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Sentry
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          That was a huge oversight. I think the Hulk may have helped keep the line alive. Every kid knew who the Hulk was, thanks to the live action and animated series. But if you didn't read comics, that second wave of black Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Falcon must have really had you scratching your head.

Chris
          The Black Spiderman was in the comics, Matt and Sam wasn't even there! Neither was Zemo or the Hobgoblin! Yeah I was scratching my head waaaaaaaaay back then!
          Hulk was a very big part of the Secret Wars I mean he held a mountain up saving the heroes from being crushed plus he even took the brunt of a blast from Ultron I loved his involvement in the Secret Wars and Mattel really did drop the ball on that!
          sigpic
          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I think this was a pretty nice line, but I've never owned any of them. As kid, I was a Super Powers guy.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

If anyone has a loose constrictor. I am interested.

Thanks,

Austin
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Jet-Jungle
                • Aug 23, 2007

Yeah, those toys were junk next to the DC figures at that time, but I got them anyway, repaint Caps bars, fix Wolvies mask, make another Cap into Cyclops, Iron Man was perfect, DD was ok, Falcons wings were dumb, Black Spidey was cool, regular Spidey kinda lame. Doom and Maggie didn't have any capes but I didn't care they were just punching bags anyway, Doc Ock was a joke, Zemo and Hobgoblin were great. I didn't have Iceman or the other foreign ones.
                sigpic

Comment

• kresge1
                  Museum_Bozo
                  • Jun 20, 2001

Iceman is the coolest looking one IMO
                  Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• lechaq
                    • Sep 3, 2010

Secret wars figures

Hi everybody !
                    Look at this Dare Devil ! I'm French and I'm very glad to discover this type of secret war action figure on ebay, I have never see this kind of figure before. Do you know if there are others like this ?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

I'm still kicking myself for the time I found a hidden auction that listed Iceman as Silver Surfer and forgot to place a bid.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by lechaq
                        Hi everybody !
                        Look at this Dare Devil ! I'm French and I'm very glad to discover this type of secret war action figure on ebay, I have never see this kind of figure before. Do you know if there are others like this ?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
                        Welcome. You know that is a custom right? I sold a complete set of Secret Wars toys including Iceman, Electro and constrictor on ebay last week.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎