Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playsets, Playsets, Playsets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livingdead70
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2009

Playsets, Playsets, Playsets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I had tons of these as a kid, I gotta be honest here a little, I was a little spoiled as a kid, I wasnt a brat but out of all my aunts and uncles on both sides I was the first kid in my family. So I racked up at x-mas and b-days and any ol time !!!!!!!!! I was also known for taking very good care of my stuff as a child so If someone got me something they knew it was going to be broke in a day ( I wish I still had all my stuff, my cousins got it in the 80s when I became a teenager).
    Anyhow, I had alot of playsets. I had the Navarone, several of the Marx sets in the box with the plastic top , and ton of the cheapo ones like you found at Wool-Worths, Roses, K Marts and the likes. I swear I had enough plastic army guys tanks and other equipment I could have staged an entire renenactment of WW2. I guess these were fairly cheap back then and would keep out of whoever was in charge of me at given times hair for hours on end.
    I remember having a Godzilla set, Dinos. I recall one set that had 2 b-52s and several smaller planes, a playmat and some paper buildings, it had the really tiny army guys like in the Godzilla set, sorta like those comic book ad guys youd get for 1.99 plus shipping and handeling!! I had the revolutionary war set from comics. I recall another set I got that was typical green army man scale but the tanks and stuff had to be snapped together, Im pretty sure it was a D-day set , it had a pillbox/bunker type piece.
    I remember being about 15 one day when my cousins got to be about 5/6 years old and giving them a huge cardboard box full of all the pieces from these things, they had a fit. Boy If I had known then, jeez.
    Anyways, anyone else love these as much as I do/did and remember any of this stuff?
    trey
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

So just out of curiousity, do you like playsets?
    I can relate to your childhood experiences. I was somewhat spoiled when it came to getting presents like that. Heck I remember one Christmas I got so much GI Joe stuff and Six Million Dollar Man stuff. It was the best Christmas ever.
    The only playset I recall having was Fort Apache set. It came in a metal suitcase that opened up to become the fort.
    Rich

Comment

• livingdead70
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2009

Yeah, it was fun ride till about 1980 when my cousins started poping up !!! Nah Im just kidding I was very lucky as a child.
      Playsets were really cool toys for the amount of stuff you got for the price.
      I never had alot of Cowboy stuff, tho I did have a Marx Fort Apache, mine wasnt in a metal case tho.
      trey

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎