• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
    I've only been able to gather Germany and the card is a let down:
    Yeah kinda is. The Mexican boxed versions really cool, however I didnt have an extra $800 lying around this month. http://www.ebay.com/itm/034-NOCTON-0...p2047675.l2557

Comment

• Golddragon71
      • Nov 22, 2010

Just got my Mego Comic Action Heroes in the Mail today.
      Here he is with his straight limbed brother Pocket Heroes Aquaman and Big Daddy World's Greatest Super Heroes 8" Aquaman

last year, i had mentioned going for Batman and Robin and slowly building them up over the year but some of my other interests interfered and I was forced to put that project on hold

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Fantastic stuff Andy! I've always wanted Nocton and Zython myself, but so far no luck! I've never seen a packaged Zython, only a couple loose ones. BTW, although he looks very similar to Nocton (Cipsa borrowed the head design), he is a different figure, using a green Sunshine Family body instead of a Big Jim one and a similar but different outfit. Oh, actually you can see that in the pic Brian posted.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Fantastic stuff Andy! I've always wanted Nocton and Zython myself, but so far no luck! I've never seen a packaged Zython, only a couple loose ones. BTW, although he looks very similar to Nocton (Cipsa borrowed the head design), he is a different figure, using a green Sunshine Family body instead of a Big Jim one and a similar but different outfit. Oh, actually you can see that in the pic Brian posted.
          Cool, I knew about the different suit but didn't know about the different bodies. Glad I have the big jim styled one.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
            Yeah kinda is. The Mexican boxed versions really cool, however I didnt have an extra $800 lying around this month. http://www.ebay.com/itm/034-NOCTON-0...p2047675.l2557
            I'm certainly glad I didn't see that.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Golddragon71
              Here he is with his straight limbed brother Pocket Heroes Aquaman and Big Daddy World's Greatest Super Heroes 8" Aquaman

last year, i had mentioned going for Batman and Robin and slowly building them up over the year but some of my other interests interfered and I was forced to put that project on hold
              Those look really beautiful together...congrats!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Golddragon71

Love the Aquamen!

I got a lot of mileage out of the Pocket Heroes Aquaman, all those years ago.
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I need a PH Aquaman. I've always thought he was one of the best looking PH figures, because he's not missing any paint details due to his limited color palette.

Great looking set of figures!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I need a PH Aquaman. I've always thought he was one of the best looking PH figures, because he's not missing any paint details due to his limited color palette.

Great looking set of figures!

Chris
                    My mom bought me the Pocket Heroes Aquaman and Wonder Woman one year for Valentines day. Both great figures and sentimental to me. And, you're right about the PH Aquaman. Mego did an excellent job with him.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                      Banned
                      • Aug 4, 2014

Love those Aquamen. The color palette is classic. I am glad Aquaman is back, is kicking ***, and is in the classic outfit.

Comment

• Actorman
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Oct 4, 2010

I picked up a mint-in-box Six Million Dollar Man Porta-Communicator Set at the Columbus Toy Show last weekend for $18!! The front of the box was ripped (otherwise very clean and bright) but the contents were perfect including the cardboard insert that holds everything in place and the instruction sheet. It even still had the little plastic band around the cord. Possibly the best deal I have ever gotten at a toy show.

My other find was the Space:1999 board game. The box was pretty dinged up, but the contents hadn't been touched. The eagle playing pieces were unpunched and the other parts were still sealed in plastic. Got it for $15.

My partner snagged a set of Mego Star Trek communicators that look almost new in a near perfect box including the styrofoam inserts for $95.
                        Last edited by Actorman; Sep 11, '14, 10:25 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                          Banned
                          • Aug 4, 2014

Scored this guy:

Now I need a loose, complete Maxx, or a boxed one since they're so affordable.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                            Scored this guy:
                            Congrats. Those are super cool toys.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                              Banned
                              • Aug 4, 2014

Have you seen the new ones Toyfinity is doing? Just as cool in a different way.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                                Have you seen the new ones Toyfinity is doing?
                                I think they are nice but too different from the scale and style of the original toys. I would have loved it if Maxx Steele had came back as a regular mass market toyline.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎