Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byrnes
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2011

I got a chance to get this Kenner Alien. I know it's kind of rare but how much should I pay for this guy? The tag says $75 and they are having a %15 percent sale on it soon. No dome. Not sure about the back parts or if the mouth works or not. I am thinking that's a good price from what I can tell. It's a toy I've always wanted for sure.

WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• RickD
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 31, 2011

I'd pay $65 bucks for that Alien all day long.

As long as the arms, legs, and tail are there.

Comment

• Byrnes
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by 80stoyman
        I'd pay $65 bucks for that Alien all day long.

As long as the arms, legs, and tail are there.
        I didn't pull it out of the case to look at it yet, but it appears to look good from what I can tell. Thanks.

Comment

• RickD
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 31, 2011

The Alien dolls are just not coming cheap anymore.

Even without the dome and the teeth inside the mouth, it is a $100 plus Alien all day long.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Are you sure that's the correct price tag though, the description says "antique buggy lamp"?

Comment

• Byrnes
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by cjefferys
              Are you sure that's the correct price tag though, the description says "antique buggy lamp"?
              Yeah, I noticed after I posted the picture that was front and center and you would probably think I was looking at the wrong one. The tag underneath the lamp did say $75 for the Alien though. I checked for sure cause I really want it.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                Originally I thought it was a cake topper but the feet are wrong. Robin cake toppers have a pad for a base like army men. So whats the story on "Chemtoy"???
                Sorry, I didn't notice this post before. I don't really know the story of Chemtoy aside from them being a toy company in the 1970s that sold these carded and in a bulk counter display box.

Comment

• mightyquinn
                  Proud to be a Nerd
                  • Aug 4, 2009

Looks like the inner teeth are missing, Can't see if the top spike is there or not.
                  Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• mightyquinn
                    Proud to be a Nerd
                    • Aug 4, 2009

You can by a repro dome and spike, not sure about the teeth. I'd say he's worth $50 without those items.
                    Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• Byrnes
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 19, 2011

No teeth or lever to open jaw if thats what it is. Never seen one before but got it on sale for $65. All the spikes are on the,back.

Comment

• RickD
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 31, 2011

Awesome bud! good deal for an Alien Doll!

Comment

• Byrnes
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 19, 2011

Doll! What the hell man. Thats all action figure buddy,lol.

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

$65 isn't bad at all, congrats! This great toy is always in demand, so even loose, incomplete ones are hard to find at a nice price like that.

Comment

• mightyquinn
                              Proud to be a Nerd
                              • Aug 4, 2009

Yea, that's a good deal with all the spikes. There should be a lever right under the rear of the head that works the teeth. You can get a repro dome for about $20. Congrats!

Comment

• Byrnes
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by mightyquinn
                                Yea, that's a good deal with all the spikes. There should be a lever right under the rear of the head that works the teeth. You can get a repro dome for about $20. Congrats!
                                I see, I did get a chance to get it home and clean it up. It's a little worn out and played with but pretty excited anyway. There is a hole in the back just above the 4 tube deals so something is missing. I've always wanted one of these but the price has always been way to high. Do you know where I can get the repro domes? I looked on ebay but i'm only seeing one original up for bid now. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎