Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised when I unwrapped him and saw what good shape he was in. Very little sticker peeling. His firing fist is pretty scuffed up, but that just means somebody had fun shooting it off! Other than a little dust, he's in tip-top shape.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

DSC01315.jpgDSC01317.jpg
      The two robots are Star Mites or, really, UFO Commander 7. The Matchbox vehicles are Adventure 2000, or 2000 AD.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by acrovader; Aug 11, '12, 8:06 PM.
      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

DSC01376.jpgDSC01355.jpgDSC01411.jpg

The most recent is the blue, diecast robot- Qonto (or- Mini Qonto, by Bandai) from San Ku Kai (Message From Space knock-off tv show from Japan). And 'Darth Vader' from Space War (long with 'R2D2').

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by acrovader
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1216[/ATTACH]
          The two robots are Star Mites or, really, UFO Commander 7. The Matchbox vehicles are Adventure 2000, or 2000 AD.
          Those robots are cool. The little one is really familiar to me. Either I had one or a friend did, I definitely remembering playing with that one, but I completely forgot about it!

Comment

• ActionTeamMatesMike
            • Aug 2, 2011

A couple of tough pieces added to the collection this week. Just 3 more to go to complete the "whites".

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I picked this up recently, a Dinky Space 1999 Eagle. I matched it up with my Space 1999 lunchbox. I used a lunchbox just like that in 1-2nd grades. I swear everytime I look at that lunchbox I can smell Tuna Fish, LOL...

Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

I had that Eagle 1 toy.

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 14, 2012

That's the 1st release Eagle Transporter, with the red tanks and silver engine bells, as opposed to vice versa in later releases.
                  Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

After 33 years of wanting one, I finally picked up a Kenner Alien. Came with a pretty decent box, and the figure looks unplayed with, still attached to the insert. Unfortunately, the internal rubber connector on one arm is broken (kinda common with these) but a helpful member here posted a good way to fix it in another thread, so I'll be trying that soon. Maybe a bit trickier than restringing a Mego, but it looks doable. I'm just happy to finally get what was one of my biggest wants.

alien.jpg

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

^ rad score

Comment

• megoat
                        A Therefore Experience
                        • Jun 10, 2003

Awesome score. Kenner Alien is a grail piece for me. I actually had one when I was a kid. Don't know what my parents were thinking.....

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Super kudos on a fantastic nab there cj.
                          Gonna have to liberate him to fix him, tho. It is not too bad of a trick to do. Maybe you have replaced arms on a Kenner Vader or Chewie? similar.
                          Looks good on the shelf. Dominates.

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          After 33 years of wanting one, I finally picked up a Kenner Alien. Came with a pretty decent box, and the figure looks unplayed with, still attached to the insert. Unfortunately, the internal rubber connector on one arm is broken (kinda common with these) but a helpful member here posted a good way to fix it in another thread, so I'll be trying that soon. Maybe a bit trickier than restringing a Mego, but it looks doable. I'm just happy to finally get what was one of my biggest wants.

Comment

• piecemaker
                            There's no need to fear..
                            • Jan 26, 2009

Thats an excellent looking Kenner Alien with box,Congrats!

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks guys. I remember asking for an Alien back in Christmas 1979, he was at the top of my list...didn't get him. Then about a year later I saw a department store flyer where they were on clearance for $9.99. I begged my mom to drive me to the store...she wouldn't, saying that I was "getting a bit old for toys" (Ok, I was around 12-13, but as time has proven, I never got too old for toys ). Some time in the 90's, my dad came back from a road trip and mentioned that he saw one at a flea market pretty cheap. "I didn't pick it up because I didn't know if you still wanted one or not". Arrgh, thanks dad. Finally, when I bought this one, it took nearly a month to arrive, I thought for sure it got lost in the mail. For a while I started thinking that I just wasn't meant to own this toy.

Originally posted by rche
                              Gonna have to liberate him to fix him, tho. It is not too bad of a trick to do. Maybe you have replaced arms on a Kenner Vader or Chewie? similar.
                              Yeah, and unfortunately it looks like I'll have to cut the arm ties if I want to remove him from the insert. I wish they used twist ties or something, but these look like they don't come off without cutting them off. I've never repaired a Vader or Chewie before, but actually this looks easier because you can actually take the Alien apart, Vader/Chewie don't have screws holding the body together, so I'm guessing that would be a bit more of a PITA.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Fantastic stuff guys!
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎