Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

I've always wanted to start collecting marbles. I wish I would have kept mine as a kid.
    Sammy

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
      Posted this in the Toy Room, and it didn't get a lot of response. It may be more appropriate to post here in the Classic Toys thread. I know there's some vintage GI Joe fans here . Took a few months to round everything up to complete these sets, but here they are finally.

Emergency Rescue

Secret Agent

Secret Mission to Spy Island

Action Marine in Dress Parade outfit

Action Marine box (dated 3-10-65)
      http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...nMarinebox.jpg
      Nice collection! Vintage Joe has a special place in my collecting!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

Picked up some Fisher Price Adventure People vehicles today- Sports van, Safari jeep, and the white/green boat. Really going through a Little People/Adventure People phase at the moment. Not worth a great deal, but I think that can be attributed at least in part to the high quality of Fisher Price play toys, seems like these things will last forever, hence why there's still so many to be found. However, having said that, I really don't find either the Little People nor the Adventure People all that much. They both seem like they'd be a fun line to piece together.

Comment

• ActionTeamMatesMike
          • Aug 2, 2011

Got this in the mail yesterday. NY Football Giants represent!

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

Man, I buy the weirdest things.
            But I love each of these fairly recent acquisitions so hard I think I hurt myself.
            They are all fairly rare, and fairly good deals too! All ebay surprise roamings.

That's a sweet vintage 8" BLUE CYCLOPS chalkware bank. OMG that's neat. $18 is a little spendy, but I'd do it again in a second for a retro BLUE CYLCOPS.

A vintage 1969 Kamar Monkey troll that needed ALOT of cleaning for $8 (they go between $50-$80).

Two super creepy neat Japan bendy Doctor dolls with hitler 'staches $18 total. I found out they're rare Roldan Klumpe doctors which go for $45+. I think they're actually 60's Japan (found sticker) reissues of the 30's Spain Roland Klumpe dolls.

Two Rock Lords Narlies $26 total. It is a good deal for sure, but more importantly these are completely new to me (and hard to find). I don't know where I've been, but I've never seen Narlies before. WANTED!

And super sweet and rare, now a gem in my girlie evil collection, a 1987 Irwin 12" (barbie type) Tea Pot Tots Valerian sorceress that has a huge mask & sack cloth outfit that turns her into the tea pot HAG. $21 and impossible to find.

Now back to that Kamar Troll.
            THIS was the disgusting thing before I cleaned it. This is the actual auction pic. Those dark things in his fur are DEAD bug skin skeletons that had to be painstakingly combed out with tons of soap & conditioner (nothing alive, I checked CAREFULLY).

...and this is him after literally hours of working on him. His fur's a little krinkly from strong cleaners, and a smidge more sparse, but heck, I would NEVER be able to afford one of these at the regular price, so worth it!
            Last edited by Splitty; Mar 27, '12, 10:38 PM.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
              Career Member
              • Jul 25, 2010

Great job cleaning him up. He looks great!
              Vintage Toy Rescue
              1614-B N State Hwy 161
              Grand Prairie, TX 75050
              (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

G1 My Little Pony

Parasol, Applejack and So Soft Sundance (She is flocked like Panthor).

It's challenging to get them with perfect hair. Kids liked to braid and comb the heck out of their hair. Applejack has especially nice hair. Very silky.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  • Jan 22, 2008

I can really see myself getting into collecting FP Little People. Found these today at thrift shops. Both 60's wooden based. paid .99 for the fire engine and $8 for the ferris wheel which still works (plays music and spins)

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Not a big find but I got a FP Adventure people race car driver in a lot which was a nice surprise because mine got lost to time/nephews.

Now he's in my childhood car.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      • Jan 22, 2008

Picked up a boxed Fisher-Price Merry-go-Round today at a flea for $10. I can sorta see a "thing" starting here. Anybody know a good site with a 60's/70's checklist for playsets?

Comment

• sauce
                        Removed
                        • Jun 24, 2007

FPLP is verrrry addictive!
                        Brain, I spy some funky toys wearing beltless pants. Oh. Yes. Baby.

Comment

• Den82
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

I got this for $5 at a yard sale. I thought it would be cool for my eBay store, but when I took it home I realized it is missing the scissors. I said I'm not going to put it up until I find them, even if it takes 10 years or never (I think it's just an excuse for me to hang onto it though and even after I find them if I ever do, I might just keep it). The contents are in really amazing condition, although the box is pretty trashed.

Maybe somebody here has them? I think they're pink.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                            Picked up a boxed Fisher-Price Merry-go-Round today at a flea for $10. I can sorta see a "thing" starting here. Anybody know a good site with a 60's/70's checklist for playsets?
                            If you are looking for info on FPLP sets, this is a great site.
                            Aisle A:

Comment

• Sowth
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 14, 2006

Love the Fuzzy Pumper set, I have that exact one boxed in Toltoys livery. Congrats!
                              Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                                • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                                If you are looking for info on FPLP sets, this is a great site.
                                Aisle A:
                                Thanks , 'bout to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎