X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by generic
    That's a cool Joe! Unlike Megos, I really don't mind when GI Joes are beat-up. It give them character!
    TOTALLY AGREED on the vintage Joe. I haven't collected Joes in years, I just have the dozen or so vintage ones now that I'm happy with.

But it's NEVER easy to pass up a well-worn vintage Joe. Ah, just think about all the stories they would share about backyard battles..

It's like their 'badge of honor'...

david_b
    Last edited by david_b; Aug 7, '10, 9:34 AM.
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by stretchandro
      Very nice Chris, and although my toy collecting days seem to be reaching their end, the cyborg line is one of the ones that I feel I need to finish.
      I think you might be thinking of visibleinnards.org :: Index
      and if you have questions Guyx1 is very knowledgable, as is neutronx.

in related news (related only because I keep them inside the same cube in my Ikea Detolf), I picked up a boxed Pulsar and a boxed Hypnos in a semi hidden ebay auction for the price of $35 combined.
      Actually, I've visited the visibleinnards site quite a bit and have learned a lot about the cyborgs there. I was talking about a info site that used to be hosted on geocities, but when I click the link, it's not there anymore.

Nice grab on the Pulsar and Hypnos! I still need those guys myself. I used to have a boxed Pulsar from when I was a kid, but I stupidly sold it several years ago. Now I wish I didn't.

Comment

• mightyquinn
        Proud to be a Nerd
        • Aug 4, 2009

Finally scored some lincoln monsters!

My poor phantom had his hands pulled out though. It's the smaller hands, like the hunchback's. They seem pretty close to a tomland, but not sure what I could use??
        Still looking for a hunchback & dracula????
        Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Wonderful scores, congrats! You have great taste.

A few different AJ Knockoffs use the Lincoln body, if I see any I'll let you know so you can get some hands, how else will he play the organ?
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy

A few different AJ Knockoffs use the Lincoln body, if I see any I'll let you know so you can get some hands, how else will he play the organ?
            You Blew the joke!
            here's some my wins
            got the Desk
            6 SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN BIONIC HEADQUARTERS OSI PART - eBay (item 130417284995 end time Aug-10-10 11:36:40 PDT)

some great knockoffs
            Lot of Vintage G.I. Joe and Other Boy Dolls/Accessories - eBay (item 250674949155 end time Aug-06-10 09:27:14 PDT)

CAPTAIN Eagle
            Action Figure Hong Kong circa 1970s - eBay (item 380254388098 end time Aug-03-10 0715 PDT)

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Scored me a fantastic 9.5 Mego Robin. Only had to add a repro emblem, Mego Robin belt, and repro gloves and he looks great! Very, very pleased. Thought I would share. BTW... Thanks Jason (aka gaga4toyz)!!!! Also have a great box on order from Anthony (Toyroom) to complete this piece. Will post pics as soon as that arrives.

Comment

• gummi
                Career Member
                • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by mightyquinn
                My poor phantom had his hands pulled out though. It's the smaller hands, like the hunchback's. They seem pretty close to a tomland, but not sure what I could use??
                Still looking for a hunchback & dracula????
                Nice! That mummy is a beauty!
                "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• mightyquinn
                  Proud to be a Nerd
                  • Aug 4, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy

Thank you, that would be great and thanks for the tip!
                  Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• mightyquinn
                    Proud to be a Nerd
                    • Aug 4, 2009

Originally posted by gummi
                    Nice! That mummy is a beauty!
                    Yes, and even looks better in person. Also found out that the off white color and the wraping is probably original. Thanks

Comment

• ramsey37
                      • Jun 18, 2001

From the "I Had No Idea This Existed, But Had To Buy It When I Saw It" file:

Behold the scarce Rushton Freddie the Frog doll. It's based on the character from the 70's kid show "The New Zoo Revue". I stumbled across him last week on eBay and got him for $2.99! I had no idea that anyone had ever done any toys based on the characters from NZR. There's currently a Henrietta Hippo on eBay too:
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_5952wt_930
                      She's in need of some repairs and the opening bid is kinda nuts, so I'll pass on her for now. It's likely that Rushton also did a Charlie the Owl doll, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for him as well.
                      George

Comment

• DCSTING
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 23, 2004

Picked this up recently...think I got a real good price ...I have only seen one previously on EBay that was still sealed and if I'm not mistaken, that one went for close to $200....I have always wanted one of these still sealed...now if I can find Superman and Batman unopened.

Amazing Spider Man Playcase 1973 - eBay (item 140436254296 end time Aug-11-10 08:43:55 PDT)

Comment

• mightyquinn
                          Proud to be a Nerd
                          • Aug 4, 2009

Never seen one of those?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

I love Freddie The Frog! When I was little I used to want him for a brother. Nice find!

Originally posted by ramsey37
                            From the "I Had No Idea This Existed, But Had To Buy It When I Saw It" file:

Behold the scarce Rushton Freddie the Frog doll. It's based on the character from the 70's kid show "The New Zoo Revue". I stumbled across him last week on eBay and got him for $2.99! I had no idea that anyone had ever done any toys based on the characters from NZR. There's currently a Henrietta Hippo on eBay too:
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_5952wt_930
                            She's in need of some repairs and the opening bid is kinda nuts, so I'll pass on her for now. It's likely that Rushton also did a Charlie the Owl doll, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for him as well.
                            George
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Nabbed this Japanese figure of Tiny from Battle of the Planets (where he's called Ryu) for $5 at last weekend's show. My wife loves this stuff but got bored when all the merchandise centered solely around it's star.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Orion
                                Museum Night Watchman
                                • Mar 11, 2008

G-FORCE!!! Used to love that show. Pretty nifty little figure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎