Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I don't see ANY melt marks on the weapons in my lot above.

the one sword has a broken tip, but the CA Gun and unbroken sword don't seem to be damaged aside from the obvious paint loss.

that Dr. Evil gun is amazing, I even thought about keeping it, because it's got more detail than my PM one, but I don't want the hassle of trying to assemble an Ideal Dr. Evil
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
      http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/...f1e2b214_z.jpg

Had one as a kid. Took me forever to find one, because I couldn't remember what they were called. Never saw any photos of them, ran into them at toy shows, etc. Random "candy robot" type searches on eBay finally paid off.

Just another company cashing in on the 70's Star Wars craze.

Awesome. I had one of those as a kid too, but I could never remember what they were called either until I just saw that pic.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• English Paul
        Archive cased.
        • Aug 17, 2005

I've so little left on My Mego wishlist now, that i've been focusing my attention elsewhere.....(spot the theme)

12 back Leia, 21 back DSD, Imperial Gunner, 12 back Death Star Commander, 12 back Han Solo, General Madine, a few catalogues, dark legged Han Hoth and hollow cheeks Sandperson.

Enjoy
        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• steelcouch
          Career Member
          • Feb 11, 2006

star wars

12 back Leia, 21 back DSD, Imperial Gunner, 12 back Death Star Commander, 12 back Han Solo, General Madine, a few catalogues, dark legged Han Hoth and hollow cheeks Sandperson.

Never heard that variation before. How do you tell its hollow cheeks? Cool pickups. Always loved the artwork on the star wars cards.

Comment

• English Paul
            Archive cased.
            • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by steelcouch

Never heard that variation before. How do you tell its hollow cheeks? Cool pickups. Always loved the artwork on the star wars cards.
            It's the cheek tubes above the mouth. Usually they are rounded off on the ends (like on the head). This little variation has the indentation to make it look more like a hollow tube. Rebelscum.com: Vintage Star Wars Photo Archives
            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

The TR is cool. I have had a very few of these run past my desk. Not an easy find.

J - the points on his cheeks have divits in them, like the eyes. Most TR just have spikes there.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Drool worthy Paul. Excellent pickups!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Oh Paul I'm jealous, I've been crusing ebay for a Death Squad commander lately.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

wow this lot , got it to , with custom made shirts for 6MDM,
                    I'm getting quite a collection of custom outfits of steve
                    Vintage Six Million Dollar Man Kenner Lot of 29 Parts - eBay (item 260628299961 end time Jul-10-10 13:48:18 PDT)

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      Megoholic RocketScientist
                      • Oct 23, 2007

This AM I found a couple of original and vintage 70's Hot Wheel's track sets complete with boxes and paper work inside. Today was a good day!

Of course today would have been even a better day had I had found some original and vintage Mego's from the 70's.
                      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        Awesome. I had one of those as a kid too, but I could never remember what they were called either until I just saw that pic.
                        Yeah, all I have left from my original is his cape. Used to drive me nuts. I of course knew he had candy inside, but didn't remember it was gum. Not many mystery toys from my youth, especially after so many years of collecting, but this was one. Kind of a weird thing to get excited over finding, but boy did I ever. lol

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

just picked up the GI Joe Adventure Team headquarters, 99% complete with box for $50 Could not resist. it is just such a cool set.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            just picked up the GI Joe Adventure Team headquarters, 99% complete with box for $50 Could not resist. it is just such a cool set.
                            $50??? Man is that a deal!
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              Megoholic RocketScientist
                              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              Congrats! I found one of those last year for a really good deal as well. I could not believe it. It is just amazing what one can find out and about. I am constantly amazed at the neat finds and cannot wait the next day to see what tomorrow brings.

I think a lot of folks are being forced to clean out their attics/basements during these troubling time for some. Sucks for them in a way....On the other hand though it is good for the collectors/treasure hunters.
                              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 15, 2010

Just got a Vari-Vue sheet of CA flicker ring art.

sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎