Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

nor sure if it falls under classic or not but I just bought the Electra Woman figure
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not sure why I went after this but it flipped my "geek switch", I think it's the box graphics, I'm a sucker for Spock.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Got a Turboman but it's not really for me, Dam you Dave
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

I do not buy vintage toys that I want from Ebay...At least not till the other week. I usually buy wrestling figure lots and then sell them at my cafe in Mexico. I keep the ones I want for my collection though and have a Mexican woman sew whatever clothes I want for them I.E. Robes, vests etc. And they look just as good as Ralph's clothing and cost 10 times less.

With that said I picked up a 1978 12 inch Incredible Hulk figure that I had as a kid. It came with very tattered shorts and no white shirt. So....My little Mexican lady will sew what I want for it all at the cost of a $1 or $2. SO glad I have him. Brings back alot of old memories.

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

won the Lone Ranger Carson city safe
            Vintage Gabriel Lone Ranger Carson City Bank Safe!! - eBay (item 230465227500 end time Apr-28-10 1855 PDT)

Comment

• samsallspark
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 17, 2010

I just got in 6 Original Secret Wars figures that I got off of ioffer.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Cool, I used to have that Lone Ranger playset, that safe brings back memories.

I posted this in my Japan thread, but my most recent vintage pickup is this Takara remote control R2-D2, released in Japan in 1978. It doesn't work (motor is seized) but if it did, it would move, make R2 noises and shoot discs out of his head (just like he did in the movies! ). It looks like it's never been used at all (maybe that's why the motor seized?), so although I can't properly play with it, at least it displays nice.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                  Removed.
                  • Jun 14, 2008

That's an awesome R2. I'd love to have something like that.
                  Rich

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys

I posted this in my Japan thread, but my most recent vintage pickup is this Takara remote control R2-D2, released in Japan in 1978. It doesn't work (motor is seized) but if it did, it would move, make R2 noises and shoot discs out of his head (just like he did in the movies! ). It looks like it's never been used at all (maybe that's why the motor seized?), so although I can't properly play with it, at least it displays nice.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~ephemera_japan/takarar2.jpg
                    Thats one Amazing looking R2. Congrats!
                    Sammy

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

how tough is it to get inside the chassis there CJ?
                      might just need to have the restraining bolt taken off, ya know?

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by rche
                        how tough is it to get inside the chassis there CJ?
                        might just need to have the restraining bolt taken off, ya know?

Actually, it doesn't look too difficult to take apart. But I'm such a klutz at trying to fix things, that I wouldn't want to take the risk damaging it, considering how nice it looks. I probably wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway, I'm the very opposite of a handyman.

Comment

• English Paul
                          Archive cased.
                          • Aug 17, 2005

A 65b Palitoy Biker Scout with Clipper sticker. A little wear on the edges and a small crease on the back. A small split on the edge of one of the bubble stems but no dings or dents. All for £30 (about $50usd) - no idea whether that's good or not but I reckon it was worth a chance. Hope you like?

Flickr Photo Download: Palitoy 65b Biker Scout - Clipper sticker
                          "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Sowth
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 14, 2006

Nice Clipper Paul

Chris that Takara R2 is a beauty, sometimes if you gently force robots forward while pressing the forward button on the remote they spring back in to life, I did it once with a space car from the fifties, lights and everything suddenly started working!

Picked this up the other day, not common as far as I know, it's huge and has fabulous graphics. This one was made in Melbourne by Ideal Leisure, a local affiliate of Ideal.

The "motorised" Hulk is crazy cool!

Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• suspense39
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 16, 2008

i had that hulk figure

now i know where it comes from. this is the second time in a week that i've found the source for a figure. good info!

Comment

• boynightwing
                                That Carl Guy
                                • Apr 24, 2002

I remember that Hulk game! My neighbor had it and a Spider-man game that had a Spidey figure that moved around the board dragging a "web" string around it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎