Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Just started collecting the Riders from the Popy World Hero Series myself. Gameleojin was my first one. Won a nice boxed example of eBay for a good price. Love this one and can't wait to find more. I'm always looking for Kamen Rider stuff at American toy shows but find very little.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

It just occurred to me that you went all the way to Japan, and you didn’t pick up anything Godzilla related? did you see the Godzilla hotel?

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
        It just occurred to me that you went all the way to Japan, and you didn’t pick up anything Godzilla related? did you see the Godzilla hotel?
        I got plenty of Godzilla!

I posted this guy a few pages back:

I also attended a Marusan event where I picked up a really sweet Jet Jaguar, and a huge pile of Marugacha capsule figures. You can see those on my instagram.

instagram.com/henshinbeat

And yeah, we swing by the Godzilla hotel every time we go to Shinjuku!

The weather was awful that day. Cold and windy because we're right on the bay (wasn't as bad as the day we went to Yokohama to see the Gundam tho...there were no buildings to shield us that day!) We captured this snow covered Godzilla shot tho, so it was worth the misery!
        Last edited by B-Lister; May 2, '23, 12:01 AM.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by B-Lister
          And yeah, we swing by the Godzilla hotel every time we go to Shinjuku!
          Damn..Godzilla in Shinjuku and Tetsujin 28 in Kobe. I need to get my as5 to Japan!

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Part of the family wants to go back to Philipeans with a layover in Japan. They wanted to go this Christmas but it looks like next year. Ifthat happens I plan on staying at the Godzilla hotel. I want to do a road trip with my ReMego Svengoolie along with taking many pics of the hotel! Yeah it will cost around $500 but come on, it would be the best vacation ever!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Shinjuku is a good place to stay if visiting Tokyo. The station is a travel hub (largest train station in the world), and you can get almost anywhere in the city from there.

Nakano Broadway is two stops away on the Chuo line, Akihabara is in the other direction on the same line. Shibuya is three stops south on the Yamanote, and Ikebukuro is north on the same line.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• mirrorman
                On Patrol
                • Jul 18, 2011

Walked into a store on Friday and found this waiting in one of the cabinets - a Selcol brand Dalek from 1965, sold as a "nursery " toy . The toy and parts are original , but the header card is a repro.
                IMG_5639 by Michael Andrew, on Flickr
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mirrorman; May 7, '23, 7:58 AM.

Comment

• mirrorman
                  On Patrol
                  • Jul 18, 2011

Doctor Who Puzzle time

In the same store I also found this vintage "Doctor Who and The Daleks" jigsaw puzzle. I'm really happy to find this, I'd say it's from the early 1960s .. and it's complete.
                  IMG_5637 by Michael Andrew, on Flickr
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mirrorman; May 7, '23, 7:59 AM.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Too cool!

Imagine being able to walk into an antique store and find vintage Doctor Who!

I've done it at antique shows, but at an actual store, it's almost unheard of in the States.

Nice finds. Hope that puzzle is complete!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

A couple weeks ago at my LCS I bought a loose corgi Supermobile in fair condition for $10.

Comment

• mirrorman
                        On Patrol
                        • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        A couple weeks ago at my LCS I bought a loose corgi Supermobile in fair condition for $10.
                        Always a nice find.

Comment

• mirrorman
                          On Patrol
                          • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by B-Lister
                          Too cool!

Imagine being able to walk into an antique store and find vintage Doctor Who!

I've done it at antique shows, but at an actual store, it's almost unheard of in the States.

Nice finds. Hope that puzzle is complete!
                          The puzzle is apparently complete . That store has a cabinet full of vintage Doctor Who items at the moment , as the owner is selling some of his collection / doubles.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

I went to the Novi, MI toy show it was a fun local show. Lots of He-man there but I think I'm over my MOTU kick. Some people complained the show didn't have much traffic and too many junk sellers but I actually bought stuff and didn't spend $50 to get in like the Motor City Comic con where everything will be mad overpriced.
                            20230506_193601.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

You got some really neat items, if you don’t mind me asking what were they asking for the unpunched carded mego Hulk? you don’t often see one carded in that nice of condition, usually you see it with a broken knee pin.

I also like the Secret Wars lunchbox, nice pick up.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by TrekStar
                                You got some really neat items, if you don’t mind me asking what were they asking for the unpunched carded mego Hulk? you don’t often see one carded in that nice of condition, usually you see it with a broken knee pin.

I also like the Secret Wars lunchbox, nice pick up.
                                Hulk's card had some warp but was only $15, a really really nice seller too. The secret wars lunch box looks brand new in person ��

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎