X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

He looks great, glad I could help.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
      My first vintage Mego figure.
      Got a helmet from Dr Mego and the Museum's very own PNGwynne helped me obtain the shield.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]35505[/ATTACH]
      I need to get a Knight in my collection, and when I do, it will be the Black Knight. So much more special when Board Members help out in the score. Congrats!
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 26, 2008

Brady Bunch rack toy by Laramie Corp. I found local today.
        IMG_20230426_142354_331.jpg
        Chad

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
          My first vintage Mego figure.
          I got him for a pretty good deal because the type 1 body he came on was missing a hand, his helmet and shield....
          So, I transferred the costume/head to a type 2 body off ebay. Got a helmet from Dr Mego and the Museum's very own PNGwynne helped me obtain the shield.
          He is now proudly displayed with my other figures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35504[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]35505[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]35506[/ATTACH]
          Mego Black Knight is my favorite from the Knights line, and it’s great you can pick up missing pieces from Dr. Mego and of course the great folks here in the museum, PNGwynne has been a big help to me too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

You deserve it TS, it's a pleasure.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Another Japan find is this Takatoku Android Kikaider

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Takatoku + Kikaider = Double Win

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Yup. Was a good deal. Found him in a case at the Shibuya Mandarake. Love that shop's aesthetic. It's in the basement of a huge building, the aisles are narrow and cramped, and it feels like you could find almost ANYTHING down there.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by B-Lister
                    and it feels like you could find almost ANYTHING down there.
                    Even a boxed Popy Black Raideen at a reasonable price?

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Depends on your definition of reasonable.

It'll definitely be cheaper than you can get it here.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Found another Popy World Hero for my collection at the Toypalooza Toy Show in Pittsburgh! Gameleojin is in excellent condition. Never thought i'd find one at an American toy show, but I'm one figure closer!

This was my first time at this show, but I will definitely be back. A fairly large amount of booths with a HEAVY emphasis on vintage.

Sure, there were a few Pop! Vinyl sellers, but not nearly as many as I see at other shows.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Oh I love that guy.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Oh I love that guy.
                            This is a nice example. Tight joints, good paint.

He's all kinds of creepy. He'd fit right in with a display of Remco monsters.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

That’s so very cool, your really doing well lately with some fantastic pickups, congratulations.

Comment

• B-Lister
                                Eccentric Weirdo
                                • Mar 19, 2010

Thanks! I grabbed a few other items at the show, but the World Heroes figure was the highlight.
                                I also snagged this:

I also scored one of those Repro vintage Indiana Jones figures.

Since 2020, my entire thought was laser focused on returning to Japan. Now that I have, I'm diving into my hobby full tilt. I'm trying to hit as many shows as I can this year. My plan is to pick up at least one vintage toy at each show I go to.
                                Last edited by B-Lister; May 1, '23, 1:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎