Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

I can still remember the smell of the gumball machine slime that I had as a kid. Reading this post makes me want to go out and buy some slime! So, it sounds like they're still making it. Is that correct?
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Sascol
      • May 30, 2008

There was another thing that was similar to slime - not as popular though. This stuff had a consistency that was somewhere between slime and play dough. You could throw it on the wall, it would splat and stick but it would come right off. It came in all sorts of neon colors. Any idea on this one? Late 1970's.

Comment

• Surfsup
        Silver Chrome Dome
        • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by Sascol
        There was another thing that was similar to slime - not as popular though. This stuff had a consistency that was somewhere between slime and play dough. You could throw it on the wall, it would splat and stick but it would come right off. It came in all sorts of neon colors. Any idea on this one? Late 1970's.
        I used to have that, I remember throwing it up the walls in the 70s. I think it was called Mudd. I'd love to see a pic if anyone has one?

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Like some of you folks, my Mother wouldnt let me have this stuff either. Made me want it all the more!

What I would like to know from those of you who collect this stuff, does the slime maintain its...slimyness..over the years? I would think the stuff would either turn solid, turn to dust, or achieved sentience and returned to its home planet by now?
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• jasonmego1277
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
            Like some of you folks, my Mother wouldnt let me have this stuff either. Made me want it all the more!

What I would like to know from those of you who collect this stuff, does the slime maintain its...slimyness..over the years? I would think the stuff would either turn solid, turn to dust, or achieved sentience and returned to its home planet by now?
            That's what grandma and grandpa were for. If Mom and Dad , Said No you always could count on the grandparents. Yeah sure parents would get frustrated , but not at you ...........LOL !
            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Does Slime hold up? I mean, after 30 years, does it harden or dry up? Or is it able to maitain its semi-plasmatic state forever?
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
                Does Slime hold up? I mean, after 30 years, does it harden or dry up? Or is it able to maitain its semi-plasmatic state forever?
                That's a very good question. Too Be honest I am not sure. I know that the real Ghostbusters slime , ( which was a little different than the He-Man and Gumball machine slime ) used to dry up quickly even with the lid sealed nicely on the container. I assume they all would dry up . I see they still make slime so that's cool.

Nick 30-Ounce Bucket of Slime - Flying Colors - Toys Us

Speaking of Slime does anyone remember - "You Can't Do That On television " ? man I wish this was on dvd. I enjoyed watching this for hours and hours.
                In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

I had the original one and the one with worms.

Comment

• generic
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Wee67

The gumball machine slime that I had would dry up around any exposed edges. I would think that the whole glob would dry up after a while...unless you had a HUGE amount of the stuff; then maybe some of it in the middle would still be good.
                    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 20, 2008

I really wish Mattel would reissue Slime in the original green garbage can (the purple with worms would be cool too). I'm sure lots of us would buy it.

Sean

Comment

• vulcan2074
                        Live Long and Prosper
                        • Mar 23, 2008

I used to Love playing with that stuff. I would flip if one of my friends kid showed up at my place with that stuff. Ohh how the times have changed LOL
                        Sammy

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎