X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Lone Ranger With Slotted Neck?

Anyone know about a Lone Ranger with a slotted neck? This makes the head move like a vintage Gijoe. I thought all Lone Ranger figures heads turned like Mego figures? My memory is weak on this anyone else have one like this? There is slot machine cut front to back and of bottom of neck post, is this a varation? Any experts out there?
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Nothin Huh? Ok how about if I add pictures? It's really hard to remember this stuff from 1973

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I had the LR stuff as a kid, but they are now long gone. Based on my memory only, I'm 99% sure the heads on mine could move up and down as well as left and right. So yeah, more like GI Joes, not Megos. I don't know if the reissued figures from the late 70's were any different though.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

Well, you got your answer, so it must be time to write captions for the photos you took.

"Mom????? Why don't I look like the other boys?"

Oh Man, shrinkage sucks, I hope nobody posts this on the internet.

High ho, Silver, awa.... hey where are my ****ing pants????

I'm naked but everyone is only staring at my neck. Is something on me?? Why won't anyone help me, Stop staring at me!! For God's sake leave me alone.
        Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Sep 17, '08, 11:13 PM.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Funny! Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! Well I thought it had all been figured out, but I just got in a lot of 3 Lone Ranger figures (Lone Ranger, Tonto, and Red Sleaves) None of them have slotted necks. their heads only turn around with no titling. Back to Square One, anyone know why one has slotted neck and the others don't?

I like the slotted kneck. I am wanting to make the Archie and Jughead protoype figures shown in 70s ads as a customs project. Hate to tear up something special.

Anyone lknow where the repairing Lone Rangers thread can be found?

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

OK, because I won't give up till the mystery is solved. Even if no one else cares I have to know. Here are the answers I have found after buying 10 Lone Ranger (toy line)figures ect. My guess is the first edition has the slotted neck.

#1 Slotted neck figure is made differently than other figures. Constructed like a Gijoe with a rounded neck post and hook to hold elastic from legs. Regular edition is attched to a concealed chest peg.

#2 Slotted neck figure is pinker in skin tone than regular editions wich are a red/brown tan color.

#3 Slotted kneck figures seem to have dark brown hair rather than black hair

Now all I have to is figure out how to attach Juhead head wich has smaller kneck than Lone Ranger.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

The Lone Ranger line was manufactured by both Hubley/Gabriel and by Marx in the UK. The lines are basically the same with some variations. I only ever had the Hubley/Gabriel versions and those necks moved side to side and up and down. What about the Marx line?

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

How can you tell the Marx line from Gabriel line? Copyright on back of slotted necks is: (C)1973 Lone Ranger, made in Hong Kong, by Gabriel IND INC

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Look for Marx on the neck or elsewhere on the body.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎