Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Mego licensed Micronauts from Hasbro?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

What if Mego licensed Micronauts from Hasbro?

Hasbro owns the Micronauts, and has a good working relationship with Takara/Tomy (which owns Microman).

Hasbro is also known to license their properties to other companies (for example Super 7 for their GI Joe and Transformers ReAction figures).

So what if Mego licensed the Micronauts from Hasbro, since Hasbro doesn't seem interested in doing anything with it?

The Takara/Tomy co-ownership doesn't seem to be a problem, considering the aforementioned Transformers ReActions.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • Jason73
    Correctamundo!
    • Jan 11, 2009

I'd love to see some Micronauts. Hasbro has pretty much ignored the license. My guess is that they would let Super7 have a go at it before Mego.
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I briefly asked Marty about Micronauts at Mego Meet this year. He did express an interest in working with Hasbro to bring something out, but he was pretty vague, and Marty isn't the type to say no about anything, so I wouldn't put too much faith in it. But he did light up at the mention of Micronauts, so I think it's a property he enjoyed.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

A man can dream.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Jase
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2021

A dream come true if it were to happen!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡