X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Micronauts The Motion Picture News

We've exclusively learned that Chris Pratt is ready to jump on the toy to film bandwagon and star in a movie based on this beloved 70s toy.

I guess things are moving forward again slowly.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Good news until I read Chris Pratt... I'm just tired of seeing him in everything.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

How are they even announcing stuff like this with the SAG/AFTRA strike in place? I mean Pratt would have had to been attached before the strike, he wouldn't sign a deal for the project during the strike, so they've been holding this info for a while, and I am not sure what their strategy is releasing it now? Sure they might get some attention because of the lull in news, but they might also give this project the kiss of death if releasing this news during the strike gives it the perception of being a scab project and not be able to get anyone to work on it after the strike is resolved.

I'm a huge Micronauts fan, and I like Pratt well enough and think he could carry a project like this to success under normal circumstances, but a major casting news about a project announced in the middle of a writers and screen actor's strike is not normal circumstances.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

It hasn't been officially announced. This is just an article based on an "anonymous source".

If I had to guess... I'd say this is coming from Hasbro, trying to imply that they have their own movie-worthy IP on the way. They probably don't fully realize the implications of leaking this during the strike.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎