Lord of Light
    • May 2, 2011

Here's Sharkos....

You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• MightyMegs
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 5, 2009

Awesome! Terraphant was one of my favorite Micronauts, and one of the few original toys I saved from my childhood. Wish I had kept that beautiful box too...

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Neat!

Terraphant was one of my faves too. I still have my original, although he's missing some parts and has a broken neck. (I was gonna reattach the head and custom it to look like the orange prototype.) We used to fill him with scalding hot water, so the spray steamed and left little smouldering puddles.... like he'd melted a dude.

Don C.

Comment

• nazgul
          Lord of Light
          • May 2, 2011

We used to fill him with scalding hot water, so the spray steamed and left little smouldering puddles.... like he'd melted a dude.
          That sounds incredible....Now I gotta fix the pump! I have to try that!

(I was gonna reattach the head and custom it to look like the orange prototype.)
          I've heard about the prototype, but I've never been able to find pics of it....Do you have any?

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

You can see a bit of the prototype here. I've got other photos, but not on my drives here at work.

Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>That sounds incredible....Now I gotta fix the pump! I have to try that!

The pump never worked quite right for me. We used a sealant.... either hot glue or caulking, I can't remember.... around the base of the bellows. Sometimes we'd just blow into it through that hole on top.

>I've heard about the prototype, but I've never been able to find pics of it....Do you have any?
              >You can see a bit of the prototype here.

That was quick.... Ray's the man for all things Micronaut.

I saw the proto pics in the first issue of Micropola.... and have desperately wanted to make customs ever since. Luckily I got the Terraphant bits, as well as most of an extra beater Hornetroid.... and a Battle crusier I plan to repaint in Microman colours.... 'cos I'm obsessive.

Wait.... is that a COLOUR pic of the brain base?!?!?!

Don C.

Comment

• nazgul
                Lord of Light
                • May 2, 2011

You can see a bit of the prototype here. I've got other photos, but not on my drives here at work.
                Ray, thank you...those pics are incredible! I've been wanting to try to make the Alien Fortress, but I've never been able to find a decent pic of it...It looks crazy! And that proto Terraphant is sick! Now, did it originally have a Glow Brain in it?

Comment

• Back2denali
                  Collecting since...
                  • Aug 6, 2008

I've never heard of the Alien Fortress; Ray do you have a better photo of it posted somewhere? Was that a physical prototype or a drawn concept design? If it's a prototype....where did said prototype end up????

Nazgul, I think you should take up the cause and resurrect that thing---
                  WANTED: Micronauts, Micromen...and some other stuff
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/back2denali/sets/

Comment

• AcroRay
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by nazgul
                    Ray, thank you...those pics are incredible! I've been wanting to try to make the Alien Fortress, but I've never been able to find a decent pic of it...It looks crazy! And that proto Terraphant is sick! Now, did it originally have a Glow Brain in it?
                    Yes, Terraphant did have a brain, rather than a cockpit in its head. I'm not supposed to spread these around much. You'll have to wait for a future blog post for a review of the Tower. Until then, here's a better shot of Terraphant's rather different (and somewhat larger) prototype:

Proto1.jpg

Comment

• AcroRay
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by nazgul
                      Yes, Terraphant did have a brain, rather than a cockpit in its head. I'm not supposed to spread these around much. You'll have to wait for a future blog post for a review of the Tower. Until then, here's a better shot of Terraphant's rather different (and somewhat larger) prototype:

Proto1.jpg

Comment

• nazgul
                        Lord of Light
                        • May 2, 2011

Thanks again Ray, that is an incredible pic! I really like the idea that the Terraphant and Hornetroid had brains originally. It made them more like characters instead of just vehicles....I wish they would have continued in that direction. Do you have any idea if they had plans to put the brains in Sharkos, Lobstros and Ampzilla as well?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎