• Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by vulcan2074
    I Want to Hear it
    Sammy
    Well, OK. It involves the one and ONLY experience I had with a removeable cowl Batman when I was a kid.

We went over to my cousin Raymond's house and you know how much I hated going over there. Aside from the fact that I still don't exactly know how we're related, his house was always dirty and smelled a bit off. Not a pungent, nauseting odor, just one of those odors you can't quite identify but is just offensive enough to bother you.

Well, anyway I brought Mego Batman and Robin with me to keep me company and was keeping to myself when I noticed Raymond's toys. Nothing special, but I recognized that tell-tale blue cape from beneath the pile. I was stunned to see when I yanked him out that this Batman had no mask!!! His face, plain as day. I didn't quite understand until I noticed what else had come from beneath that pile- his blue cowl.

Now I didn't even know RC Batman existed. As far as memory served, Bats had a painted cowl when Mego products entered my life. RM Robin wouldn't become a reality until about 7 years ago. What was I to do? I'm only human, succeptable to all our human weaknesses and failures.

Later, at home, I did manage to hide him beneath the sheets when my mom came into my bedroom. But I knew this was one of those I-know-the-answer-but-I'm-asking-anyway questions when she told me about my cousin's doll disappearing. The cost of lying would have been way too great.

You know the drill from there- return the figure, humiliatingly apologize and live in want

He wasn't even really my cousin!
    Last edited by Wee67; Jan 3, '12, 1:35 PM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Thats a Really good story. I could only imagine how tempting that would have been. I remember when I first got a hold of an RC Batman. He's an Amazing MEGO. I would have done the same thing LOL
      Sammy

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

You should have tried swapping your Batman for his RC one. He might not have noticed for awhile and bought you more time.

Comment

• yokaijohn
          Keep it coolin', baby
          • Oct 1, 2008

The time traveler!
          Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎