"Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by ZICA
      The 3.75" scale has always been my favorite and at some point I still want to do something in that scale.
      Why not Buck Rogers? Do 'em as detailed as the 25th Anniversary Joe's and I think you got a winner!

Was the problem with CA the lack of the dress-up possibilities at the small scale? I know Color Change Action Figures never really caught on, but a swapable head and color change body might give the disguise effect desired.
      Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 3, '10, 5:43 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
        It looks great. Is it an all new sculpt or a kitbash? The parts look really familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.
        The head does sort of resembles a couple of 3 3/4" Joe figures...?
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
          It looks great. Is it an all new sculpt or a kitbash? The parts look really familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.
          It's a combination kitbash and Photoshop. The head is an M. Bison G.I. Joe figure, the body is a MEGO Pocket Super Heroes Lex Luthor, the legs are a MEGO Pocket Super Heroes Superman, and the arms are a vintage Star Wars Imperial Commander.

Originally posted by samurainoir
          Why not Buck Rogers? Do 'em as detailed as the 25th Anniversary Joe's and I think you got a winner!

Was the problem with CA the lack of the dress-up possibilities at the small scale? I know Color Change Action Figures never really caught on, but a swapable head and color change body might give the disguise effect desired.
          I'm considering doing a more detailed version of the 3.75" Buck Rogers but nothing has been put in writing yet.

CA Enterprises didn't want to go with a vintage/retro look. They wanted a more modern design which I had no interest in doing. I respect their decision but I really wish I had gotten the opportunity to test the waters with a limited run of Captain Action and Dr. Evil.

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i'd definitely be down for a 3.75 buck rogers line too!!

Comment

• MightyMegs
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by starsky
              i'd definitely be down for a 3.75 buck rogers line too!!
              OMG YES.
              And ships too!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

It's a combination kitbash and Photoshop. The head is an M. Bison G.I. Joe figure,
                Cool, I thought the head looked like Bison. Neat mix of parts.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

It's a combination kitbash and Photoshop. The head is an M. Bison G.I. Joe figure, the body is a MEGO Pocket Super Heroes Lex Luthor, the legs are a MEGO Pocket Super Heroes Superman, and the arms are a vintage Star Wars Imperial Commander.

I'm considering doing a more detailed version of the 3.75" Buck Rogers but nothing has been put in writing yet.

CA Enterprises didn't want to go with a vintage/retro look. They wanted a more modern design which I had no interest in doing. I respect their decision but I really wish I had gotten the opportunity to test the waters with a limited run of Captain Action and Dr. Evil.
                  I really wish they had let you do the retro line. I am much more interested in the retro/ original Captain Action then a more modern version. I want all the CA toys to be retro!

Comment

• JohnnyBoyCivello
                    AKA Eagle Eyes Ruggiero
                    • Jan 1, 2010

Pure awesome!

If ever you decided to go ahead & make some molds, I'd definitely be on board & throw money your way.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JohnnyBoyCivello
                      Pure awesome!

If ever you decided to go ahead & make some molds, I'd definitely be on board & throw money your way.
                      Thanks!

I had high hopes for this line but unfortunately it never got a chance.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Looks like Shocker Toys is making a 7" Capt. Action, and the prototype looks TERRIBLE. Maybe you should contact CA Enterprises again. Maybe their minds have changed a bit. Your 3.75 Capt. is the bee's knees man!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎