X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Tell Me your Mego Moment.

If you ever seen the show "M3" Man, Moment, Machine. This would be the Mego version. Was there ever a time when a Mego went beyond the realm of toy or action figure for you?
    In my case. I first used my Mego's to help me learn to draw. I used them much like classic artists use manikins. I copied the muscle sculpts to paper for lack of anatomy info like a grey's anatomy book. Later on in life. A friend and I got into 8mm filmmaking (After seeing Star Wars were'nt we all thinking about movie careers?) We wanted to try animating like the Chess pieces in Star Wars. Having no models to animate, we went to the toy rack. We were able to buy a Bo Duke Mego and used him as subject. We filmed him battling a clay monster. He was the perfect size to animate. Not as tiny as current GI Joes and huge as 1/6 figures and more posable than a Big Jim.
    See what I'm talking about?
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • MEGO_SUPERMAN
    Say No To Kryptonite!
    • May 9, 2011

Well for me it was to stop sucking my thumb (as a kid...not 2 weeks ago!). My mom made me a deal if I stopped she would get me a crisp clean brand new FALCON at Lionel Playworld in Miami Beach!!!! While the Falcon was not my first mego...and by far not my favorite character but at the time he was the newest.....really supercool with the wings and such. He did become my favorite. When his knee broke on 1 leg....I liked him so much (sounds funny) I broke off his other leg at the knee and put boots on his knees....so he was a Mini-Falcon.
    Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

I guess mine would be the first ones.., and last one.

I just saw them once in a Kmart, but the first issue RC Bats and Robin were way beyond expectations for me.., then it was getting Spiderman a year later. I couldn't believe how simple, yet how cool his masked head looked.

Batgirl instantly became my favorite when I got her the following year.

As I was leaving the Mego collecting, my last one was GA. I was amazed at how detailed they made him, with the removable hat and nice green hands, not oven mitts. Ollie had a few great adventures with the 'Batman Family'.., and just looked awesome.

I always wondered WHY they never rolled out a Hawkeye, just molding GA's quiver in purple, use the same bow to save on re-tooling.

Oh, well.
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Well, Megos in general always make me think of family and friends. My mom buying me Action Jackson and later my first WGSH. The care-package that came from my grandma with a green-haired Kirk in it. My best friends from elementary school coming over to my house where we would have a Batman & Robin adventure. Now years later, seeing my son or daughter play. Not to mention the package art that I am sure gave me a push towards wanting to become a graphic artist.
        It's all good!

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

For me it would have to be going to Sears about every weekend and checking out the Mego's in the toy aisle. Totally awesome experience. That and actually leaving with one or two every now and then thanks to my loving parents.

Also taking my Mego Apes with me most places I went when I was a kid. For some reason back then Zaius appeared to be my Mego of choice. At least he is the one that showed up in the most pictures anyway. Maybe his orange head made him more photogenic to me as a kid.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Megos were always the basis of the games I played with my two brothers. We each had our own "Corporation" and ranked them as boxers, with a world champ, etc.
            At least once a week my brothers and I would gather next to one of our beds (with Star Wars bedsheets) for a fightcard.
            I can still remember saying something like "Live from Star Wars Coliseum....AJ defends his title against Hulk."
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎