Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Nope (although time travel would be a neat twist to this story), Ultra Humanite was around in the Golden Age. He was originally, Supermans first major villain until that Luthor guy showed up and stole the spot for bald headed super villain. Granted, U-H wasnt in his monkey form until he was revived in the late sixties or seventies (at least to my knowledge??) but since there was nothing going on with these characters in the fifties, I'm taking artistic license. Plus, the Matty U-H fits the Mego scale quite nicely. I really need to buy one! (just used a pic from a buddy for this one).

I really appreciate your thoughts and comments Thomas. From the view count, lots of people are looking at this stuff, but few comment.
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I really enjoy this sort of stuff and the way I see it, if you enjoy something let it be known.
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Sweet costume
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks.

honestly, this was an old Supes I got in a pile of stuff once. The stitching was loose all over so I always just kept pushing him to the back of the pile. Yesterday I had time on my hands, so I pulled him out and re-stitched the otherwise nice suit. When I was done, I put it back on him and without the distraction of unstitched sleeves and legs, I noticed he had two big runs going up the middle of his chest....and the logo wouldnt cover them either. Had some scrap stuff on the bench, so I cobbled this guy together. Swapped on some Klingon boots, and ended up with a cool looking alternate Superman.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

From the journal of Wesley Dodds:

Feels good to be back in action. I had been feeling mighty listless these last few years, especially after Sandy left for college and Diane spends all her time with our new daughter. I missed the thrill of the hunt.

when I read that some of the others had come back out of our "forced" retirement I got the old itch and dug out the ol' suit. Well, what was left of it. Diane had given away my old double breasted suit to charity. Said green double breasted suits went out of style in the thirties, even before I started wearing it as the Sandman. My old lucky hat, gas mask, and the gas gun were still in good shape thank goodness. Had forgotten how hot it got in the mask though. I never liked the old purple and yellow togs. Only wore them for Diane and Sandys sake anyway.Besides, I may have put on a pound or two over the interim...wouldnt look right in that form fiting thing.

I sure hope Diane isnt too mad when I get back? I didnt mean to, but I had to test the ol' gas gun somehow..

The old Plymouth started right up. Shes still a beauty, but a bit slow for the low slung V-8 jobs the bad guys are running these days. Have to get something new...Maybe something in black like That other guy rips around in over in Gotham.

I sure hope I run across some crooks tonight, or I'm going to feel like an *** when I get home.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Cool sepia pic

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Here we have some Otherworlds Worlds Finest!

A world not so unlike our own:

Since this Otherworld needs a back story---Essentially history on this alternate Earth happened as it did here, up until 1910. thats when the first World War broke out here, started by a German government that overthrew Kaiser Wilhelm, and took over. This new government was part of the ancient Thule society, and began building up an army such as the world had never seen. The war was started by the invasion of several European nations by this Thule army, throwing the world into horrible war. Behind the scenes an alien named Lexx Lu-Thor, of the planet Vril was secretly running the Thule government, and feeding it with advanced weaponry.

On the allied side, Dr. Thomas Wayne, an eminent explorer and scientist was also creating new advanced weaponry. He also began introducing strange new metals and weapons, discovered by the Amazons of Themyscira, of whom his wife Diana was a member. The Allied war effort was also helped by a strange young boy..a Superboy..who would suddenly appear out of nowhere to change the tides of battles, then disappear once again.

At a stalemate, Lu-Thor gave the Thule the secret of Atomic weaponry. Soon most of Europe was obliterated by atomic warfare. In 1915, Dr. Wayne along with a group of young German scientists who escaped when the Thule came to power, also discovered how to harness the power of the atom, and using Waynes rocket technology, launched an all out attack on the Thule. The enemy army was unprepared for the counter offensive and were dealt a severe blow. The young Superboy, now a teenager, also aided by flying into Germany after the bomb attacks to wipe out the last of the Thule resistance. Here, he discovered the alien Luth-or, and the two became long time enemies!

The war was over. Europe would be an uninhabitable wast land for decades, and North America was in shambles from the attacks on its soil, and the devastation left behind from the occupation of its Eastern coast by Thule forces.

A new world raised from the ashes. Using the many advances made during the war, new buildings..new cities rose to tower above any others ever built.New Gotham, New Metropolis, New Montreal...across the now unified country of North America rose these towering monuments to technology. It was the start of a glorious new age...for most.

Luth-Or, never forgot his defeat by the boy with the amazing powers and from his arctic hideout, swore revenge. Realizing he couldnt kill the boy, he instead discovered he was being raised by a simple farmer and his wife, in Kansas district. Luth-Or murdered the boys adoptive parents in cold blood! Young Clark discarded his Earthly identity, and became Cal-L, the Superman of Tomorrow! Adopting the costume of his Crypt-Onian people, he began an epic battle to uphold truth, justice, and the North American way.

Meanwhile, another Thule survivor also wanted vengeance! A former soldier, his identity unknown, was horribly maimed in one of the nuclear exchanges. His skin turned a deathly pale white, his hair turned a dingy dark green. his face contorted...he looked like a Joker...and he killed the first man who said that, but adopted the name.

Dr. Thomas Wayne and his family had just returned home, to their ancient manor in Old Gotham, They had been in New Metropolis (the new capital of north America) to receive a Medal of Honour from Chancellor Steele, and were finally home to stay. During dinner, the group was surprised by the Joker, who shot Dr. Wayne, and then his wife Diana (who had given up immortality to become his wife). The grinning jackal then turned the gun on the 15 year old son, Bruce, but was startled when a bat flew in the open window. the Joker had a pathological fear of bats, and ran screaming from the home when more bats entered the window. Bruce saw the intruder before he had shot his parents, but was paralyzed from fear, and couldnt even utter a cry to watch out!!

The young boy was taken in by his grandmother Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons, where he was taught Amazonian science, and trained in amazonian forms of combat. Of course, being a male, Bruce was forbidden to stay, so on the event of his 20th birthday, he returned to Gotham to take over his fathers business. Before he left, Hippolyta gave him two gifts; A chest plate of armor made from amazonium--an indestructible material, and a golden lasso of incredible tensile strength. In the hands of a full Amazonian, one captured in the lasso would be forced to tell the truth. Bruce did have amazonian blood in his veins, from his mother, so when he held the lasso, those caught in its loop were compelled to feel his grief from the loss of his parents, and his inability...his fear...to act when he could have taken out the Joker that horrible night.

Making a flight suit in the appearance of a bat, and utilizing a rocket pack his father was working on, Bruce swore vengeance on all criminals and took to the night skies as the high flying Bat-Man.
                  Last edited by Captain; Aug 26, '10, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Gotta love that Otherworlds Batman. Cool story too

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Lexx Lu-Thor (in silver and gold) and the Vril....

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Cool suits

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Golden Age Wildcat!

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Judging by his face he got his *** kicked quite a lot

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Ambush!....Or....find the super villains.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Captain
                                Ambush!....Or....find the super villains.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...ios/ambush.gif
                                Oh yeah, this is cool

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎