Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the toughest cards to get in order ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What are the toughest cards to get in order ?

Some people follow the cards closely - trends, want/trade lists etc.

Just wondering ....

What are the toughest Mego Museum cards to get in order of toughness.

Note, i'm avoiding using the term "rare".

Perhaps the top 10 toughest cards (in order) ... leave stickers OUT.

m
    Last edited by Mikey; Mar 10, '11, 1:12 PM. Reason: typo
  • Richard J. Fowlks
    repeat offender
    • Feb 10, 2010

I know you don't want to hear about stickers, but the SLIME sticker is the Holy Grail. From what I've found, Green Goblin and Penguin are the most difficult, with Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker a close 2nd. 1st edition Spider-Man, Superman and Wonder Woman a little difficult, too; but people still have them for trade now and again. Anything non-WGSH seems to be fairly attainable still at this point.

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

Why leave stickers out? They are the toughest MMs cards to get
      Like Richard just said, Penguin is tough and so is the Goblin and the 1st prints. I would say any of the WGSH cards are starting to dwindle in supply though. and yes weren't the AE cards a mego meet exclusive?

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
        Why leave stickers out?
        I left the stickers out because i've met a few people who are interested in collecting and completing the cards but dont have any interest in the stickers at all.

That makes me think they are a seperate entity

Comment

• drzaius1
          Residident of Camp Eleven
          • Aug 25, 2010

Hello,

Some of the WGSH are really tough to obtain. Anybody got a penguin or green goblin they would like to trade?

Thanks,
          Drzaius1
          Domo Arigato, Mr. Mugato
          sigpic

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

I think any of the Superheroes cards are extra hard find after that everything else is cake! aside from the Stickers

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

The hardest to find, like toys, are the ones you don't have.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megoapesnut
                The name says it all!
                • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey01
                I left the stickers out because i've met a few people who are interested in collecting and completing the cards but dont have any interest in the stickers at all.
                That's pretty much where I am at. I was a HUGE football card collector for many years back in the 80's and I still dabble in it. I have a 1969 Topps FB set that I am ALMOST finished with. I have been very picky with condition, that's why it is taking so long. Anyway, that interest in FB cards made me naturally interested in the MM cards when I first logged on here. However, the stickers do not hold any great interest for me. I have two or three but do not feel the need to get them all, like I did with the cards.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                  repeat offender
                  • Feb 10, 2010

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                  That's pretty much where I am at. I was a HUGE football card collector for many years back in the 80's and I still dabble in it. I have a 1969 Topps FB set that I am ALMOST finished with. I have been very picky with condition, that's why it is taking so long. Anyway, that interest in FB cards made me naturally interested in the MM cards when I first logged on here. However, the stickers do not hold any great interest for me. I have two or three but do not feel the need to get them all, like I did with the cards.
                  That's actually good news for you, since quite a few members are having a tough time finding all the stickers, gives you something juicy to trade...

Comment

• kissrules78
                    • Sep 21, 2009

I agree about the stickers.
                    I started trying to collect both sets last January (so just over a year ago), and I have NEVER even seen a sticker. Never had one offered to me, only saw them here on the boards where guys will trade sticker for sticker.

So I will offer this here for anyone with extra stickers that might need 1 or 2 cards (although my set isn't complete, it's about 90% complete)--I will pull any of the hard cards listed in this thread from my set and trade anyone of them for ANY sticker (besides the last one)! Of course I have lots of traders as well, but for me, I want those stickers and will gladly trade cards to get them!
                    Jay

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                      Time to feed the cat
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Getting a Penguin was a tough one for sure,sent more time tracking him down than any others.

Comment

• MegomanJess
                        MegoHead
                        • Oct 9, 2003

I'm suprised to her nothing about it hard to getting the errors.
                        ~~~ Jess ~~~
                        If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                        http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• generic
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by MegomanJess
                          I'm suprised to her nothing about it hard to getting the errors.
                          I think the errors were printed in about the same quantities as a lot of the other cards. Since there was an additional card printed to fix the error (and since many people don't collect the error cards), I would think that would make them easier to find than a different card printed in the same quantity without the error because there wasn't a second print to fix the mistake which effectively doubled the print run...at least in the eyes of someone who didn't care about the variation.
                          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• generic
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 25, 2009

From what I've seen (not including stickers OR 1st Prints of 1-3), if you asked for a TOP 10 list of most difficult to find cards, I would say:

1. Penguin
                            2. Green Goblin
                            3. Falcon
                            4. Human Torch
                            5. Clark Kent
                            6. Bruce Wayne
                            7. Dick Grayson
                            8. Invisible Girl
                            9. Speedy
                            10. Batgirl

This list is just based on my experience and what I've noticed that people are looking for compared to what people have available, so it's really rough and I'm open to correction. I should also point out that there may be some Star Trek cards that are at least as difficult if not more difficult to find than Batgirl, but I thought since 1-9 were WGSH, I'd stick to that rather than try to determine the one most difficult to find Star Trek card.
                            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• MegomanJess
                              MegoHead
                              • Oct 9, 2003

I think the rarest cards are the convention Spider-man and Superman. If I remember correctly they where a much lower run of something like 500.
                              ~~~ Jess ~~~
                              If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                              http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎