X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doc
    Banned
    • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by wolfie
    Before this gets silly and out of hand can i just say that the work that people put into the cards on behalf of the members of this forum is very much appreciated not only by myself but also everyone else aswell.

Thank you, you may now return to your normal trading.
    Nothing got out of hand. All Fuzz said was the cards must be hard to do and that there wasn't much trading going on.

Both those are true. Nobody criticised the makers of the cards or anything. We wouldn't have a room just for cards if they were not appreciated.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I wasn't taking Curtis's statements as an attack folks, just stating that while we move slower the project is far from dead. I had a really good time sending out the pirate cards.

I imagine they're traded less ebcause a lot of folks already have complete sets, same thing happened with the treks.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I think there's just less people handing/spredding them out

Back when the Hoods came out there were tons of posts giving them away -- little contests etc.
        Last edited by Mikey; Jun 28, '10, 4:41 PM.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
          It's comments like these that might cause the end of the Mego and PS cards. I for one would be very upset if that happened. I love the cards and hope they continue for years to come.

I personally have sent out about a dozen or so sets of the Pirates and later PS cards and some of the Tex stickers I picked up at Mego Meet. I still have a few more to go too.
          WOW, I have a lot more pull than I thought. I single handedly destroyed the Mego card industry. With great power comes great responsibility.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Honestly, I wasn't destroyed by this claim, it's just that it was the opposite of how we feel about the cards, there will be more, just have to work out the details.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I'm sorry to say that Brian actually was finally destroyed from the trials and tribulations of running this place. Thankfully, safeguards were in place to successfully clone Brian in the event of his demise. Palitoy 2.0 has seamlessly assumed all of Brian's responsibilities, and his wife and kids really like 'happy daddy.' Don't tell him; he'll freak out.

Comment

• Doc
                Banned
                • May 9, 2010

Comment

• trekman101
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2009

There are a lot more people collecting MM and PS cards than ever before...that's why the demand is so high making them harder to get.....believe me there are more cards coming out plus some exciting new things as well.....Brian and Scott have worked very hard on every card that has been released so far and they're not finished yet
                  "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                    • Oct 8, 2007

I could use a set as well. I got the reimagined catelog, and thought perhaps I would have a set in there but no. That's ok, I would happily send a self addy'd envelope to scott or brian.
                    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• unataper
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 8, 2007

I would definitely offer anyone payment for postage to anyone for new cards. Everyone here has been more than generous. I will even through in extra postage for anyone that has any of these dang stickers that are suppose to be in abundance due to reprinting!!!
                      For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• Doc
                        Banned
                        • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by MegoScott
                        I'm not sure what's happening with these. Brian does a good job of getting them out, I know that for a fact. Seems like they were passed around at Megomeet and a lot of people got them, so it may not just be the people making them that are not distributing them as enthusiastically as before. I can't deny they are a pain in the neck and I've got other fish to fry, but I personally hate dealing with the mail and I've always been a lousy distributor.

If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will send you some Pirate cards. PM me for an address.
                        Thank You ! The cards arrived today The PS cards and Sticker were a nice surprise

Comment

• jayihdz
                          aaaggghhhh!
                          • Mar 6, 2007

I could a set of pirates too. Please...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡