Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Meet 2024 - My son and I had a wonderful time!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Mego Meet 2024 - My son and I had a wonderful time!

My son and I drove up for Saturday and Sunday of Mego Meet. My family and I had previously come out to Columbus, OH for Mego Meet 2018 and I was definitely going to take advantage of an east coast event this summer . A huge big thank you to the Mego Admins and organizers who made this year possible. I had not been to Zolocon before either, and my son and I were totally fascinated by The Fuge and the repurposing of the NASA cetrifuge. Attached are a few pics. I didn't take many. Also, a pic of the items we came home with. My son got the Sesame Street finger puppet and Commander Adama (Thanks, to Mark!) and I got the rest in the photo. Shout out to Brian, Steve (Yay! I now have a big Hulk!), Mark, Dr. Mego Paul, Frank, Vin, Jim, Paul, Rob, Anthony, Scott and so many others and families who I met Saturday and Sunday. If I've left your name off I do apologize...There were so many more folks I met. Everyone was so friendly and it was great to be surrounded by people who get the same emotions and memories of their childhood and can relate to my own Mego hobby and toy adventures. Plus my son got some time to catch a Phillies game on tv while I was in the Mego Suite. Definitely worth it and great father and son road trip!

~Steve W.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnderdogDJLSW; Aug 18, '24, 9:37 PM.
    It's all good!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm glad you both could attend, and thanks for sharing pix. Sounds like it was fun!

It's nice to put a name with a face, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Steve thanks so much, it was great seeing you again! So glad you both had a great time!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

It was really fun meeting you and your son.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎