Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Meet Sculptors Roundtable for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueDave
    replied
    Sounds interesting.
    If it gets approved I think theres LOTS of things that could be taught every year.
    Sculpting, painting, moldmaking, enlarging, shrinking, and . . . . . sewing.

Leave a comment:

• johnmiic
    replied
    As of right now the Sculpture workshop has not even been approved. I haven't been given any OK or assurances it will happen. If it does it will be about sculpture. I don't know how to paint eyes or make molds.

If painting and making molds are things you want to see you should start a thread and see who else wants these things at Mego Meet or PM the organizers and ask them if you can have a workshop on painting or making molds/casting. In previous years ChrisDVM announced he would demonstrate re-stringing for people and no-one came to see it. If you guys want these events you have to be pro-active and request them. That is one of the points to having Mego Meet. To ask for demonstrations; to pass on what you know to others.

Leave a comment:

• pmwasson
    replied
    Originally posted by Trappy Trek Freak
    Could we have someone to teach a class on how to paint and paint eyes like that sort of thing? That would be very helpfull.
    Yes please! That would be very useful.

Leave a comment:

• Trappy Trek Freak
    replied
    Could we have someone to teach a class on how to paint and paint eyes like that sort of thing? That would be very helpfull.

Leave a comment:

• johnmiic
    replied
    Originally posted by Cmonster
    I would love to see this. Anything I can learn or pick up from the great talents in attendance would be awesome. This will be my first Mego Meet, so I'm REALLY excited.

SC
    Sandy, I think we could learn a lot from you. Sculpting seems to come naturally for you.
    Last edited by johnmiic; Apr 8, '11, 1:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• noelani72
    replied
    i'll pack some clay, tools, and my toaster oven just incase. lol

Leave a comment:

• johnmiic
    replied
    ChrisDVM asked me to see who was interested. I posted a duplicate thread in Custom Discussion hoping some of our top customizers would say they were in yet the thread remains un-answered. We have people who want to participate, who want to learn to sculpt. In that case if Sandy attends, I suspect he will be the top sculptor in the workshop.

Leave a comment:

• noelani72
    replied
    Originally posted by Cmonster
    I would love to see this. Anything I can learn or pick up from the great talents in attendance would be awesome. This will be my first Mego Meet, so I'm REALLY excited.

SC
    wait a tick - you are coming now afterall? Seriously cool dude.

Leave a comment:

• Cmonster
    replied

SC

Leave a comment:

• johnmiic
    replied
    So far it is just a suggestion. I'm waiting to hear back from the organizers as to whether they want this as part of the scheduled events for 2011.

Leave a comment:

• mego maniac mark
    replied
    Fabulous idea. This will be my first meet and can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• Bizarro Amy
    replied
    I would participate in this!

Leave a comment:

• Trappy Trek Freak
    replied
    I will be there and I would love to learn sculpting!!!

Leave a comment:

• trekman101
    replied
    This is definitely a good idea

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    At the very least, perhaps they can do a "live cooking show" approach... "Here's a mold I made earlier... watch as I carefully remove the original sculpt from it." kinda thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎