Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 MegoMeet Exclusive Custom Figure Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp1969
    Banned
    • Dec 10, 2009

What a tease!
    I was born curious you know!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Aw c'mon! Post the clue! Please?
      JediJaida

Comment

• Chris DVM
        Veterinarian Member
        • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
        OK, this is not a clue as much as it is a dead giveaway without actually telling you the name. Any doubts should be erased with this. As for the original three clues, I will explain the last (the first two should be obvious once this clue is given) when I make the official announcement next week.
        The final clue:

Chris DVM
        "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

I believe I will be getting one of these. Yes, yes.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I still don't get the "NTF" thing.....someone wanna just spell it out for me?
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Toy Talk
              Old and out of touch
              • Aug 7, 2009

I too am lost on the NTF but I am so getting one of these. My money is yours...
              "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Hahahah, here I thought it was Mr. T.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

How much is it gonna cost?
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

AHA! I was right!

I definitely want at least two of them. How much are they going for?
                    JediJaida

Comment

• JimCem99
                      New Yorker stuck in Hell!
                      • Jan 30, 2010

How can I get one of these without going to the meet? I won't be able to make it. And how much are these going to run?

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Ditto. I can't make the meet because of work commitments.

But I really, REALLY want this figure!!!!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

Sounds like you need to make few extra chris . . .can't wait to see them!
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

How many are being made? And how early do we need to call dibs?

If you're taking calls for dibs, I CALL DIBS ON ONE!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Mego Milk
                              Custom Mego Maker
                              • Jun 3, 2007

YES! I'm gonna get one!

Comment

• Chris DVM
                                Veterinarian Member
                                • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
                                OK, the info on the figures:
                                1) There will be 40 figures made. Each one is hand painted, the hats will be removable and all painted and molded. The pants, shirt and shoes are removable, of course. The jacket is made of pleather and is being produced for me by Brian Leitner, who, if you do not know, is an absolute whiz when it comes to clothes and costumes. He did the Kromedome outfit last year - I am thrilled he works with me on this. Each figure will come with the above items, as well as a gun holster, a gun, a side satchel, a small golden Idol (from Raiders beginning) and a machete. The box is being produced by Mego73, an amazing box maker who always does my boxes - I tip my hat at his skill and abilities. The heads are a Medicom head shrunk down, done by MegoWGSH (Austin), one of the best oiut there.
                                2) 40 figures made. I keep one, 7 set aside for the people who have helped produce the figure. 1 for a special reason (see #3). So there will be 31 figures available for purchase.
                                3) One figure is very special. Usually I donate one to the raffle. However, as there is no raffle this year, one will go into the custom auction. This one, however, will be a figure done as Old Indy, with an eye patch, wire rim glasses and a special box.
                                4) In the past, I have set the price on the customs at $45. This year, due to the many parts and pieces, I am raising it to $50 (still hopefully a good deal for anyone who wants one). For those worrying that this is the norm, I already know what next years Exclusive figure will be, and it will probably only be $35 or $40 due to it's relative simplicity compared to what I have done in the past. (Slight tease on that one, but trust me, it will be a figure that will be very desirable to Many Many People!!).
                                5) The way it works is this - I sell the figures at the meet. Everyone there gets a chance to by one to start with. Once everyone who wants one gets theirs, then I allow anyone there to buy one more if there are some left over. If there are any left after that, I sell them to those who have PM'd me on a first come first serve basis. If you are not going to make it to the meet, PM me and I will put you on the list. I already have had one person PM me, so the list starts now.
                                Chris DVM
                                "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎