X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

my 2023 mego meet run down

I was glad to have the meet back and running.

Saturday night:
    I was so tired after 2 days in there sun with an overnight at the VW festival Friday and Saturday. I thought I maybe should just skip the Saturday night Mego Suite. I went and was really glad I did. I love you guys. PS I was able to trade some of my junk for cash.
    Sunday:

I drove the Jokermobile even thought I thought I wouldn't be able to display it. We found a parking spot facing the north entrance, so anyone exiting there or walking across the foot bridge would see it.

At the meet I got to talking to people then Brick Mantooth emerged from behind the curtain.

Then I remembered I was supposed to be hosting the kids' custom action figure experience! Steve brought bodies and parts. I should have brought craft supplies but we scrounged up some stuff. Others donated parts and several people generously donated prizes. THANK YOU donors!!!!

Later the Super Collector made an appearance, but Brick was suspiciously missing until after the Super Collector left. I did these costumes for my love for the Mego Museum people. I was surprised that there were a few people NOT with the Mego block who knew Brick and the Super Collector. I was annoyed later when I realized I forgot to fill in the black border on my emblem.

Lily:
    I was worried Lily may not want to go because she is now 19 years old. She did want to go -but did not really want to participate in costumes. She did wear some 70'd themed clothes to be Dinah Mite.

She sat at the kid's custom figure building table to encourage and helped the kids create.

She bought (well I bought) a stuffed animal cat.

She liked getting to talk to you guys. I don't know if she'll be back in 2024, but I know that she has enjoyed the years she has spent with you.

Eleanor:
    E has only done 1 full mego meet before. She has made cameos at a couple others. It is my father daughter thing with Lily. BUT this was 6 miles from our house and Bull McFarland wasn't using his Sunday pass, so Eleanor got to attend.

She participated in the kids custom contest (we as a family decided she would place last before it started). She made Mr. President. Picking her prize last, she got Daisy Duke and then gave it to Bryce Culver. Even though she was last, she was stuck with the trophy because no one else would commit to returning it next year. Cip had it pre COVID and RCHE was willing to mail it back.

Her boyfriend attended the meet with a friend and we didn't know they would be there. They made custom figures.

E did dress up as Misty from Pokemon. At Matsuri con next door she made me by her the Pokemon animal Misty carries around.

Next year:
    Gert your travel plans in order. I want to see you there.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

It was great to see you again my friend.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

It was great seeing everyone again. Despite some rough spots when I got into town and settling in, I had a really fun time.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I very much missed getting to hang out in the suite and chat toys with folks. Happy to know that the gold mego is still in circulation in some manner, and it is awesome knowing that Mego Meet happened and hearing the positive feedback and stories from folks that attended. Hoping that the next scheduled event meshes better with my work and finances. Thanks for the annual wrap rap.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I went to the suite on Friday night, and got to hang out Friday afternoon, and again Saturday until around 4pm.

I dressed as Battle Japan for a couple hours but it was too hot to stay in costume, so I changed.

I left in the afternoon, because I had to work Saturday evening, but it was great seeing everybody.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by B-Lister
            I went to the suite on Friday night, and got to hang out Friday afternoon, and again Saturday until around 4pm.

I dressed as Battle Japan for a couple hours but it was too hot to stay in costume, so I changed.

I left in the afternoon, because I had to work Saturday evening, but it was great seeing everybody.
            sorry I didn't cross paths with you.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by rche
              I very much missed getting to hang out in the suite and chat toys with folks. Happy to know that the gold mego is still in circulation in some manner, and it is awesome knowing that Mego Meet happened and hearing the positive feedback and stories from folks that attended. Hoping that the next scheduled event meshes better with my work and finances. Thanks for the annual wrap rap.
              definitely wish you could have been there.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Brue
                sorry I didn't cross paths with you.
                Its ok. I only crossed paths with some folks once or twice.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 8, 2015

Ya know, these MEETS are set up months in advance and people are all EXCITED for them and they talk and talk about them, but once it's over and everyone has gone home. Basically for the most part NO ONE COMMENTS on these things!

If your all jacked up for this, where are EVERYONE's reviews?? Granted I have seen a few, but for the most part, nothing.

Hell even more photos of the event would be nice.

I don't get it?

With that said; BRUE! Well done, your review of the event is appreciated and thoughtful. Thank you sir!!!

Will see if this changes in the future, only time will tell.

JG!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎