X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Wanted Shazam TV Show Shirt???

Hoping someone can help me out with this request. I am looking for a red long sleeve shirt with yellow collar and yellow sleeve cuffs, same as worn by Michael Gray (Billy Batson) on the 1970’s Shazam tv show.

I have searched everywhere I can think of on the internet with no luck, I’m not even sure it was made for the public?
    Does anyone know if the shirt was just made specifically for the show’s characters? I figured more than one was made for the character and possibly shirts were made for sale to the public, maybe they were made back during the shows run, but I really don’t remember, even as a kid I remember wanting one but never could find one.

I'm not having any luck finding this shirt anywhere and I’ve been looking, and if I wanted one custom made for me, I’m not sure where to look or how much it would cost?

I thought it would be cool to have, maybe wearing it at a future mego meet? If anyone can help me out or offer a suggestion please let me know and thanks.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Not an impossible shirt. Very old fashioned boat neck collar. Very long gauntlet cuffs. Probably cost about a hundred to have one tailor made. Or you go the cheaper route and buy a red ls t shirt and a yellow ls t shirt. Cut the stitches on the collars and transplant the yellow collar to the red shirt. Depending on how neat you want it it could be done in an hour for twenty bucks. My stitch work is kind of terrible or I would volunteer

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes--your best option would be to find a local seamstress or someone who does alterations (or even quilting) and have them replace the collar and cuffs of a long-sleeve red t-shirt with yellow rib-knit, which can probably be found at JoAnn's or online.

There were probably only a few shirts made for Gray on the show--you can see how they faded and stretched as they were cleaned.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 7, '24, 10:23 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Holy moly, buying two shirts and transferring the collar and cuffs never crossed my mind
        (that’s why I ask here in the museum) The seamstress that was local to me that did alterations and sewing is no longer at the location and I have no idea where she moved to or if she retired from doing it? bummer.

but it’s still a great idea and I can ask around town her whereabouts or just find someone else, I’m assuming a dry cleaners doesn’t do that.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

A lot of dry cleaners will do that. It’s not really more difficult than replacing a zipper.

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

I've seen those shirts for sale at comic cons a few times.
            Michael Gray wears them at convention appearances.
            Scott

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Action Martin
              I've seen those shirts for sale at comic cons a few times.
              Michael Gray wears them at convention appearances.
              I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have recognized him in the movie without it

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎