X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Afaninfull
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 23, 2010

I got burned BIG time by somebody here at the museum a few months back. I had purchased one lot and while everything went well, they arrived in less than described shape.

The second was the kicker because they involved carded figures. He claimed they "went missing". I used the gift option as well. I did call Paypal and filed a despute. It took 10 days but they did find in my favor and refunded the money.

Megomark71, I would definitely call Paypal because even though you used the gift option you still have options.

I also dealt with not only a slow seller but someone who agreed to a trade and then backed out without telling me! I found out when I saw the item up on the marketplace. Most of the members here are fantastic but there are a few...

Good luck.
    Last edited by Afaninfull; Jan 14, '12, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Afaninfull
      I got burned BIG time by somebody here at the museum a few months back. I had purchased one lot and while everything went well, they arrived in less than described shape.

The second was the kicker because they involved carded figures. He claimed they "went missing". I used the gift option as well. I did call Paypal and filed a despute. It took 10 days but they did find in my favor and refunded the money.

Megomark71, I would definitely call Paypal because even though you used the gift option you still have options.

I also dealt with not only a slow seller but someone who agreed to a trade and then backed out without telling me! I found out when I saw the item up on the marketplace. Most of the members here are fantastic but there are a few...

Good luck.
      yikes!! feel free to call them out bro..I think that's what this thread is for
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 18, 2008

I'm not the person who posted.
        And as far as someone backing out of a deal, that's life and happens all the time. They should have told you though that they had second thoughts and wanted to go another way.
        And seriously bad traders hurt those of us who are good so i'm always for calling someone out. I don't care who they are

Comment

• AJ Collector
          The Biggest Little Man!
          • Aug 24, 2008

Calling them out helps other members avoid what you went thru, or you can always inform the mods as they can help aid members thru times like these....

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
            I'm not the person who posted.
            And as far as someone backing out of a deal, that's life and happens all the time. They should have told you though that they had second thoughts and wanted to go another way.
            And seriously bad traders hurt those of us who are good so i'm always for calling someone out. I don't care who they are
            yea i agree

Comment

• livnxxxl
              Megoholic RocketScientist
              • Oct 23, 2007

Seeing how this thread is entitled "good traders list" perhaps we need a new thread entitled "bad traders list". I personally would never call anyone out unless they truly deserved it and things could not be worked out between both parties. Getting burnt sucks big time.

I think that if the bad eggs were called out more they would think twice before even trying to pull a fast one.

I realize sometimes that bad things can happen unintentionally. However, This is what communication is supposed to be for. Make something right before it becomes a big time wrong.

Getting a bad deal is just plain B.S. in my book. There are not two ways if and's or buts about it.
              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• sauce
                Removed
                • Jun 24, 2007

Agree. Move this to a new thread.
                And don't slander my initials! "B.S."

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                  Seeing how this thread is entitled "good traders list" perhaps we need a new thread entitled "bad traders list". I personally would never call anyone out unless they truly deserved it and things could not be worked out between both parties. Getting burnt sucks big time.

I think that if the bad eggs were called out more they would think twice before even trying to pull a fast one.

I realize sometimes that bad things can happen unintentionally. However, This is what communication is supposed to be for. Make something right before it becomes a big time wrong.

Getting a bad deal is just plain B.S. in my book. There are not two ways if and's or buts about it.
                  That's what I thought about 3 yrs ago.

Hope Mod will sticky your thread "bad traders list" bellow "good traders list" that sounds right to me.

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                  Agree. Move this to a new thread.
                  LOL! I knew that similar to "BS". I think he should call you initials "N.B" stands for "nayrbo Bryan".
                  Last edited by Mr Mego; Jan 15, '12, 9:40 AM.
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    Megoholic RocketScientist
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by nayrbgo

Sorry Bro, That thought never did occur to me until you mentioned it. As funny as it is though I am most certain that it would not occur to anyone else here either to think that. You are definitely a great person to deal with and that goes without saying.

There is B.S. And there is the real one and only B.S.
                    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Afaninfull
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 23, 2010

As I was going through my problem with a seller, it was really hard because I didn't want to violate any policies on this board. I tried looking up the mods but wasn't sure who to email. I did ask if anyone had heard from this person and several people pm'd about dealings. One person was waiting on a lizard but I don't know if they ever received it.

I believe what happened was this guy fell on really hard times and was selling his entire collection. I even think the items did "go missing" as he moved from place to place. I gave him a couple weeks as he thought they might be stored at his parents house and I'm sure he spent the money. When it came time for the refund, I never heard from him again.

He has not been on the board since November 10. I do wonder if he visits or has assumed another name.

As for the person who backed out of a trade, I never got a pm from him but he claims to have sent one. I know I did send a pm one time another person did not receive, so fair enough...I will and did give him the benefit of the doubt. It was just frustrating to send him my trade priority mail and his trade didn't reach me for over 2 weeks and I had to email him several times. Again, if something happens just let me know. It's the checking the mailbox every day that is the hard part.

Sorry to rant. I'm sure we all have our dealings as it comes with collecting. It wil be interesting to see if the mods create a bad sellers thread or address this issue.

Comment

• ANTONY-S
                        Leeds United FC
                        • Aug 3, 2009

I believe what happened was this guy fell on really hard times and was selling his entire collection. I even think the items did "go missing" as he moved from place to place. I gave him a couple weeks as he thought they might be stored at his parents house and I'm sure he spent the money. When it came time for the refund, I never heard from him

I remember that very thread. The guy lost his job and needed money.....well that's what he claimed anyway.

For the life of me I can't recall his forum ID though.

I personally wouldn't buy from anyone who joins the forum and starts selling straight away but that's me.

There certainly needs a sticky thread on bad sellers/buyers which is separate and has a quick look up list.

At the end of the day we are all fans here who now and again do a bit of trade to help fund our own hobbies and to be ripped off or messed about is clearly not on.
                        my websites:

COMIC BOOK MOVIE TOYS - USA SITE
                        COMIC BOOK MOVIE TOYS - UK SITE

Comment

• soldierape
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jun 15, 2007

bluebird a.k.a nick = great trader/seller/buyer!

Thanks!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 18, 2008

I don't mean to be a jerk but unless your going to call them out and name names this thread is worthless. I don't like playing guessing games.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                              I don't mean to be a jerk but unless your going to call them out and name names this thread is worthless. I don't like playing guessing games.
                              I agree, no point in even bringing it up on here then

Comment

• MegoMark71
                                Permanent Member
                                • Dec 18, 2008

Ok the inner sherlock got to me and i had a few minutes to kill. I won't say anything about the person who ripped you off. But if the person you were trading with is who i think he did you a favor by not doing the trade. And i don't care if he sees me post this as i feel he shouldn't even be allowed here any more cause of all the bull**** he has done in the past and the members he has ripped off on different occasions. No love for that guy. I got tired of the lies and just erased his debt with me so i didn't have to deal with it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎