X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zorro
    Resident member
    • Nov 3, 2007

Human Torch Head

I have several figures on the FF4 Human Torch. I noticed that the carded French carded figure's head paint faded on all the ones I had. The American version is bright red. All the "Pin Pin" figures I have seen seem to experience the color fade. Has anyone else seen this?
    Website for rare and exciting figures for the 1950s to present, now featuring MANY Action Figure Protective Clamshell cases -- ZoloWorld.com

Find us on facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZoloWorldcom/180282916241

Check out REALM OF THE UNDERWORLD 5 3/4" Retro Action Figure Fantasy Series.
    http://www.underworldfigures.com
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

It seems like most (maybe all?) of the Pin Pin FF figures got the "bad batch" of vinyl for the heads. You usually don't see a Pin Pin carded FF figure (not just the Torch) that doesn't have some degree of head discolouration.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

Sad but true, if you have any of the FANTASTIC FOUR figures with the dreaded zombie head then it's most likely to be on or off a pin pin card also sad is that most of the FF figures you see are off or on those cards

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 23, 2001

It seems like the Pin Pin stuff seems to go Zombified more often than US releases. That being said...if you know how to de-grey you can get yourself a decent Human Torch for a really great price. Just be sure if you de-grey that you use a lot of tire wet so that when you put the plasti dip on the head it wont rip off the paint on the flames when you take the plasti dip off. It's happened to me a couple of times.
        "When not too many people can see we're all the same
        And because of all their tears,
        Their eyes can't hope to see
        The beauty that surrounds them
        Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
        By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
        Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

Working...
        😀