X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

fighting yank

Anyone have a picture of the ORIGINAL Fighting Yank figure? I am referring to the first issue that was essentially a direct rip off of GI Joe, not the more common one that was produced for the remainder of the line's existence.
    I think I have one, but can't find any info to check against.

Also, I found this WILDLY inaccurate info on Wikepedia:
    Mego Toy Company brought out an action figure named Fighting Yank in the early 1970s. The toy line was dropped in 1999 after Mego was sued by Hasbro, who claimed the Mego figure was a copy of their G.I. Joe action figure.[4]
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

I have plenty of pics I will have to find them.

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

Thank you!!

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

Yeah, Mego was sued By hasbro, the Killer: mego even reproduce the revered thumb nail
        which appears on the Planter surface of the thumb instead of the dorsal side where it belongs.
        other note Hasbor armed with the victory over its copyright, than went after Ideal
        and filed "INTENT TO LIDITGATE"for using its nylon insertion pins on the Captain Action..

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

That explains why Captain Action's pins changed from white nylon too flesh pink plastic stuff wich was poorly made. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Here's a close up pic of the 1st Fighting Yank head. I have figure pics saved as TIFs instead of jpegs and i can't get them to load on Photobucket. I'll have to resave them as jpegs.

Comment

• misterdroid
              Banned
              • Jan 10, 2008

Thank you! That's the guy I have. I was hoping he was an original Yank. I thought so due to his thumbnail, but wasn't 100% sure since he is just marked "made in hong kong, no 2012"...

Comment

• Joe90
                Most Special Agent
                • Feb 23, 2008

Here's a link to some Fighting Yank Info.

This link says "unknown" but he's a FY for sure.

I've got some great Fighting Yank accessories but they are all stowed away right now. Mego produced some top quality stuff for the Yank. A lot of it was indistinguishable from Hasbro; a lot of it was just repackaged Hasbro.
                90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Anybody have copies or High resolution scans of 1st issue Fighting Yank box?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎