X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overkill
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2007

Best female Mego body?

I was wondering which body is the best female body to do a custom on? Original Mego or repro? And if it's repro, from who?

I really want to attempt a custom but I don't want a flimsy body that could break or won't stand!

Also, same question for male bodies. Thanks!
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Francine,..
    Here's my thoughts on the matter.
    You can pick up Dorthy , & DynaMite bodies all day long on Ebay for under 10 bucks,.. & they are very nice to customize Female characters on,.. stay away from the CTVT bodies. Later this yr,.. Doc is introducing Uhra from the Star Trek line,.. perhaps he will have a Better reproduction body.

If you need a More so,.. "Well Indoubt" Torso for your Female figures,.. Don "CTC" Has some nice ,.. torso's you can change out. Like in my PowerGirl Pic.

As far as Male Bodies go,... if you get alot of cheap type2's,.. they work real nice for customizing imo... OtherWise,.. Just stick with the Doc for Bodies,.. CTVT has some real cheap weaponry & boots,.. as well as clothing right now,.. but don't buy thier bodies Girl,..for customizing,.. they seem to be difficult to work with. just my 2 cents.

Home

Classic TV Toys - Happy Days, Brady Bunch, Munsters, Andre The Giant, Mad Monsters, Mad Clowns, Space 1999
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Overkill
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Thanks so much Jason! You gave me everything I needed to know about both the female and male bodies! I heard that CTVT were pretty crappy with their bodies (won't stand, breakable, pieces falling off), so I just wanted someone to confirm it, and you did.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Originals are always best, especially with the female bodies. Doc hasn't repro'd them yet (although he offers the Bryer bodies, which I never cared for much) and the CTVT's are just plain aweful. Just buy up cheap naked Walton chicks, and you'll have what you need.

As for the male bodies, I still prefer originals, but Doc's bodies are nice if you are going the repro route, and they have rubbery hands which make it easier for characters to hold weapons and such. CTVT's, once again fall into the catagory of so much garbage, so you'll want to avoid those.

Comment

• Overkill
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 19, 2007

Alright, you guys convinced me to head to ebay and check out the original female bodies there! And avoid CTVT bodies at all costs.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Original Mego bodies are pretty good, but you might want to check the wrists when you get them. The forearms are made of rigid plastic and it sometimes cracks when you're monkeying around with them.

CTVT female bodies are usually pretty bad. NEVER get the neckless ones. They're usually badly put together and the upper body is a different piece from the original Mego one, and it's SCULPTED pretty poor and ill-fitting. I will say that I HAVE got some decent CTVT female bodies, but they seem to have been produced in lower numbers than the male, so the learning curve was a LOT steeper. (I'd actually got some later run CTVT male bodies that were almost as good as an original Mego, but you can never tell if you're getting a new or old body until you actually have it in your hands.)

I make completely repro female bodies too. Works really well. (Male bodies have that stupid knee assembly that's a HUGE pain to repro.) I use custom female bods when I plan to do a lot of modifications, 'cos the sculpting materials I use adhere a lot better to the resin I make 'em out of than to an original body. Paint too. (I make a lot of add on mods too; such as two different torsos, and slightly longer calves; and a fully repro 7" female body. The original Mego one was pretty cruddy....)

As a general note to customizers I've found it's best to amass as many body parts as you can. Even crappy CTVT bods can be worth the parts if you get 'em cheap enough. (And busted ones can always be used as the base for custom parts.)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎