Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW IT HAPPENED THAT… these two MEGOs returned to their original splendor!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XXXPHOENIX
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 26, 2008

HOW IT HAPPENED THAT… these two MEGOs returned to their original splendor!

Hello guys ... in this post I will tell you how I fixed two MEGO figures thanks to the pieces recovered from a third damaged body...
    INTRODUCTION ...
    1 . I find myself with a mint Human Torch that I extracted from a broken PinPin card. Unfortunately the Torch (red T2 body) has a cracked right knee pin!
    2 . One of the many Spider-Mans (T2) of my collection has some problems : the costume is very nice, but the head is damaged , the hands are flesh-colored instead of red and the elastic band that hold the left arm and right leg is broken .
    It must be my lucky day or the attraction law, but in an italian toy forum I found a Human Torch red T2 body with a mutilated leg and a Spidey head... in one swoop and with $15 I fixed two minty loose MEGOs!
    And voila here's how I did it!
    0 . I have mutilated and disassembled fairly brutally the red body…and I got what I needed : the Spider-man’s head , two red hands (in 3 parts), two elastic bands and two knee pins.
    1 . TORCH
    I took one of the two red pins and with some effort I put it back into the knee slot using a pair of pliers to snap it into place ! It sounds easy but it is not, but , I now have a Mint all-original Human Torch !
    2 . SPIDER -MAN
    A. As you know, T2's are strung together with two thick elastic bands, cris-crossed through the torso and pelvis connecting each arm to the opposite leg with small metal hooks. First of all, I took the elastic band, coupled it to the left arm and with a clip and a little effort I hooked the leg to the elastic band! Mission accomplished: the body is like new!
    B. I Prepared some hot water to soften the Spider-Man’s head and to facilitate its insertion into the body!
    C. I used this guide to replace the two flesh hands with the correct red hands: http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/handrepair.shtml
    It was hard work, but it was worth the pain! Now my two MEGOS are back to their original splendor!!
    I hope you'll like a fictionalized visual version of my operation

CIAO!
    FEDERICO - ITALY
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Great Job!!!

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

back from the dead! - great job
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Ta-dah!!! Don't you love it when a plan comes together.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• luclin999
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 27, 2011

You might consider giving the Torches' head a dunk or two in red tool dip (following the process used to "ungray" zombie flesh colored heads) if you want to give him back the fresh out of the box circa 1976 red color.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 26, 2008

hey Luc... I will have to investigate this degreying process!

Comment

• satanmego
              Museum Super Collector
              • Oct 9, 2008

Hola Federico !

Muy buen trabajo amigo !
              WANTED: Madelman...for me the best action figure, with permission of Mego, of course !!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎