Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>I'll never understand the tolerance so many have for repro items.

It depends on what you're looking for: a complete figure, all original or a complete figure for the sake of a complete figure. There are a LOT of folks who aren't looking for a big ticket item, they just want a Batman like they had as a kid to sit on their computer. Casual buyers. For them, repros are great. Same for customizers. And there are a LOT of folks in those two categories. Hence the tolerance.

>I would like to know what's real and repro give me the choice.

I've found that in person it's pretty easy to tell, but a lot harder from a pic. I suspect that's why the value of certain loose figures has gone down, while the value of carded rares has held, or gone up. The REALLY rare stuff is, in effect MORE rare 'cos you need some way to verify at a glance that it's not repro. 'Course, the problem with collecting as an investment is that collectibles are ALWAYS a bad investment, and the pool of folks looking for the high-end Mego stuff is ever diminishing 'cos there are only so many folks willing to drop hundreds on a figure, and eventually they all have the rares they need.

Don C.

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

Well said, Don. It's all a matter of preference.

It makes me think of the song... "There ain't no good guy. There ain't no bad guy. There's only you and me and we just disagree."
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

never mind, thought video thing was funny. Sorry about that...
        Last edited by Mr Mego; Jul 14, '13, 4:51 PM.
        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎