Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego T1 Aquaman thumb holes in shirt and gloves?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robertbucs
    • Mar 18, 2013

Mego T1 Aquaman thumb holes in shirt and gloves?

Hello, just received T1 Aquaman all original with mitts. The mitts have a tiny little hole in the exact same spot on each glove between the thumb and the rest of the mitts. You know where the mitts split. Is that normal?

I also notice when I took the mitts off that the shirt sleeves were kind of pulled down over the thumbs I assume to assist in the sleeves not bunching up when putting mitts on. Is that normal because there is a tiny little run where each of the sleeves were pulled over the thumbs. Love the figure, just wonder if the factor may have done this to make the gloves fit better of if the pervious owner did this. Love the figure, just curious.

Thank You,
    Robert H.
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

The mitts should not have any holes (that I know of) normally that is when they start to split at the seems.

also people like me often pull the sleeves down over the thumbs - it does make it easier to put the gloves on. So the small hole you see there is from that. But it is not a factory error (not that I know of) just from wear and tear over the years.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I've opened carded Soldier Apes that came with their sleeves pulled over the thumbs. Regiment gloves are notoriously difficult to tame otherwise, but you can gently relax the sleeve off the thumb once you have the glove(s) on to prevent the long term stress on the material.

Comment

• Robertbucs
        • Mar 18, 2013

Thanks for the response, explains the why. Feel much better now. This hobby is great and the people are awesome!

Robert H.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎