X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Dinah Mite hair color variations query.

I've always thought that the common hair color for a Dinah Mite doll is blonde yellow color.

I would assume there would be variations on hair colors for this figure and I realize there is a red head that was used on the Dinah Mite outfit photo sessions. Hopefully one day this gem will surface.
    In my years of procuring Dinah Mite and seeing those up on the net for sale, I've only seen the yellow blonde hair. However, until recently I won an auction for a minty Dinah Mite with the Clubhouse couch. I was aiming more for the couch and body but imagine to my surprise when I received the figure. I immediately noticed the figure to be very minty as well as the outfit and shoes. I noticed the hair was pretty clean but also noticed that she had a more strawberry blonde shade and I assumed I was seeing things but when I took out my other Dinah heads, sure enough, she was more red than yellow giving her nice shiny highlights.
    I even thought it might have been colored but then I looked deep in the roots and yes, same color so not coloring involved, plus no staining on the scalp from coloring.

These are the photos from the auction but they don't show the beautiful coloring of red from the hair. Too much flash.
    I'll try and post better pics later.

Anyone else come across this? Or am I making a big deal out of nothing? Surely is new to me.

• GHVersion12
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 28, 2012

I am not sure about your question. But it is nice to know who I lost the bid too
    Looking for Mego Thor Helmet and Hammer.
    Mego 12 inch Captain America shield
    Flash Gordon Megos
    Mego Joker original shoes
    Cast-A-way toys Phantom
    Remco Frankenstein boots
    Mego Isis Sandals
    Tarzan suit

Hello My name is John and I am a MEGOholic.

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

I have never held a red hair nor a strawberry blonde. Neat!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I've seen this blonde vs strawberry blonde variation in Supergirl and Inv. Girl heads as well--I assumed it was due to aging of the saran fibers. But I'm not too experienced with Dinah.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Relic
          Banned
          • Jun 24, 2012

I am looking to make a Wendy from the fast food place Wendy's as I now have Ronald Mc Donald and am in the process of getting a Mego Burger King. Next project will be a Mego Colonal Saunders from KFC. Not sure if a head sculp of the col is out there though.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I've seen this blonde vs strawberry blonde variation in Supergirl and Inv. Girl heads as well--I assumed it was due to aging of the saran fibers. But I'm not too experienced with Dinah.
            Scott, I thought it could be as well. Could be but seems like hair was made that way and it's pretty minty. But then it could age in the package.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Hmmm...Now I'll have to dig through my boxes of figures and compare all the hair on the Dinah figures. I never noticed a difference before, but now I'll take a closer look.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎