X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Cutom Jet Jungle

I have a Classic Tv Toys Jet Jungle figure, and was thinking of getting a Mego Type 1 body, putting the CTVT head on it and getting an Action Jackson Spy outfit, with POTA Astronaut boots. If this was then all put together it should look 100% better than the Classic TV version.

Has anyone done this? One problem is the removal of the AJ logo from the Spy outfit. Does it just peel off, or is it stiched on?

Any thought/suggestions on this would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Most of the Spy outfits that i have come across, the decal peels off., but why POTA Astronaut boots? the AJ Spy ones should work just as well.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Hi Clemso,

If you have a look at

You will see under the heading Boots it states:

Original JJ boots are short combat style boots. They are the same boots found on the Planet of the Apes Astronaut and in Action Jackson's Navy set. CTVT's reproductions are modeled after POTA's Soldier Ape boots, which are also found in many Action Jackson sets. The repro's are very soft and rubbery compared to the originals, and are unmarked.

I believe that the boots that come with the Spy outfit are the POTA Soldier Ape boots, i.e. the longer version.

Thanks for letting me know that the decal just peels off. So looks as though I will be able to simply peel that off and replace with the CTVT's JJ badge.

If anyone has already done a custom along these lines, would love to see the finished result.

Has anyone ever tried to custom a Mego Bruce Wayne or Mystery man head to look like Jets?

Comment

• Jetjungle75
        Career Member
        • Jan 11, 2013

Does anyone know whether you can get a repro distinctive JJ decal in order to stick onto the Action Jackson top?

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Some AJ labels are adhered very well to the clothing. If you have one such as this, use the the age old ice cube method to remove the adhesive from the fabric. I've done this several times leaving no residue or damage to the clothing.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
            Career Member
            • Jan 11, 2013

"age old ice cube method " Mmm, I take it that you use the ice cube to rub against the label? Have never heard of this technique before. But many thanks for the tip Confessional.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
              Hi Clemso,

If you have a look at

You will see under the heading Boots it states:

Original JJ boots are short combat style boots. They are the same boots found on the Planet of the Apes Astronaut and in Action Jackson's Navy set. CTVT's reproductions are modeled after POTA's Soldier Ape boots, which are also found in many Action Jackson sets. The repro's are very soft and rubbery compared to the originals, and are unmarked.

I believe that the boots that come with the Spy outfit are the POTA Soldier Ape boots, i.e. the longer version.

Thanks for letting me know that the decal just peels off. So looks as though I will be able to simply peel that off and replace with the CTVT's JJ badge.

If anyone has already done a custom along these lines, would love to see the finished result.

Has anyone ever tried to custom a Mego Bruce Wayne or Mystery man head to look like Jets?
              Amazing if you think about it, most of Jets pieces are pretty easy to find, you could put together 90% of Jet Jungle together for about $30, the head if you can find one would put the figure in the $400 and up range.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

This is not correct and is one of those myths akin to the Parker Camera. The only similarities between the AJ Spy outfit and Jet Jungle outfit is that they are both black. The stitching and cut are very different. For a repro JJ, a AJ Spy outfit works fine, but the only original Mego parts that you can get for an original Jet Jungle figure are a T1 body and the short black AJ boots.

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                Amazing if you think about it, most of Jets pieces are pretty easy to find, you could put together 90% of Jet Jungle together for about $30, the head if you can find one would put the figure in the $400 and up range.
                Last edited by clemso; Jan 16, '13, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 11, 2013

"the only original Mego parts that you can get for an original Jet Jungle figure are a T1 body and the short black AJ boots."

Agree, but would love to see such a figure with say a Mego Mystery Man (has blue eyes like Jet's) head, or Bruce Wayne head with the hair painted white. Would then just need to work on those eye brows!!
                  Re the AJ Spy outfit. I was looking at some of the Star Trek figures and the bottom of their pants seems to be flared (although a lot shorter). Could these be used i.e the bottom section being attached to the top half of the AJ pants??
                  I reckon that someone out there would certainly be able to make a good crack at making one of these.
                  If successful I am sure that there would be a demand for these. Trouble is that the Mego Mystery man/Bruce Wayne figures are also quite hard to come by, and when they do, they are quite costly. So for now, will have to make do with the CTV head.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎