• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josephcardone
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 10, 2010

Dick Grayson Clothes - Price Check :)

Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase just the Dick Grayson clothes from this lot that ended on Ebay for $300. They seem to have some stains and are dirty. What do you think??

Last edited by josephcardone; Jan 12, '13, 5:08 PM.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

I was watching this auction, I f you can get it clean without ruining them go for it. I was going to inquire about them myself but you beat me to the punch I think the last set went for between $600 and $ 800 not too long ago but the were complete with head and both shoes, I will do the Gentlemanly thing and back off, let me know how you make out.

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

I bought the clothes Turns out that the individual who was selling them is a really big mego collector and a member on here - but not active for a while!!

Honestly I don't even care about the stains - It was such a pleasure to talk to him that I had to buy them!

He ended up selling me them to me for $250.

He is really a great guy - I hope that he visits here

I think that I made a friend - funny how things happen!!
      Last edited by josephcardone; Jan 9, '13, 8:52 PM.

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

The clothes had a really bad smell. I had no choice but to clean them! Ofcourse the tags fell out - but it does not matter since I am certain they are real!! I tried my best but had to clean them fairly well - now they only smell bad Maybe it will go away!!

Many stains came out - the pants are still darker in some areas.

Last edited by josephcardone; Jan 12, '13, 5:15 PM.

Comment

• k2
          Career Member
          • Sep 12, 2007

looking good! great deal

wrap the clothes in a dryer sheet and put them in a plastic bag for a while... should get the smell out

KC

Comment

• RickD
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 31, 2011

that is the best thing to do as KC said instead of washing them. The tag would have had a better chance to stay on the clothes then.

Great deal for $250

Comment

• josephcardone
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 10, 2010

Thank you - I should have asked before I washed them but at least the oxi clean took out many stains I am going to try this!

It is kind of funny but these clothes seem to be delicate compared to others! (mostly the white shirt). Mego clothes - overall - are made great with really strong material but the alter ego's (I have some other stuff) seem to be a bit (a little bit) of a lesser standard.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎