Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojo_Lemon
    • Oct 27, 2012

Question regarding POTA Cornelius "Green Ear" version vs. regular ears

Hi, guys, I've heard of green-eared POTA chimps before, but I'm not exactly clear on the subject...

1) Were these produced before the common examples and more scarce, or is the green one more common ?

2) Were there any other variations in the figure design? I know Ive also heard of green/brown costumes..?

Thank you in advance for any light that can be shed on this. I was sorting some of my extra pieces and parts last weekend, and ran across the Cornelius head with some other stuff, and it peaked my interest.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

There are references about for Galen with (green ears), as some believe during this 2nd series release the green ears first appeared. Regardless, there are plenty of of carded versions of both Cornelius and Galen with green ears confirming the variation was not specific to either character. With that, it's no more rare per se, but completist collectors like to have 'em all.

Chasing chimp variants (like the entire POTA line) is a chore, as there are a multitude of brown and metallic green hair paints, and the clothing comes in a range of greens and browns as well. I have 6 or 7 different male chimps alone.

Commonly in general terms, the metallic green/brown hair and brown clothing are regarded as the rarer C/G variants.

If I botched any of that, a resident MM MOC expert will chime in and enlighten us all further.

Comment

• Mojo_Lemon
      • Oct 27, 2012

Thanks...that clears up a lot, and I'm sorry I assumed one color variation ears was "rare".. this is how rumors get started, right? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎