X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nazgul
    Lord of Light
    • May 2, 2011

Type 2 Mad Monster Mummy questions....

So I just scored a Type 2 Mummy and I have a couple of questions for the experts here.....

1. Are the heads and outfit between a T-1 and T-2 any different?

2. He's missing his eyes....can this be repaired?

3. This is the first T-2 monster I've seen for sale in my limited experience....just how rare are the T-2's?

Thanks in advance! Here's a couple of pics......

You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky
  • HumanWolfman
    Type3Toys Has Transformed
    • Oct 5, 2011

I would just pick up a type 1 with a nice head and swap them out. Nice score by the way.
    View My Customs
    www.type3toys.com
    or check here
    http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

There are slight diffences in paint apps (notably lip color), and some t2s (The Lion Rock later ones, I believe) will have a head molded in a more grayish base color.

You could try replacing the "eye" beads with plastic pearls from a hobby shop; they are super-glued in. Or you could use eyes from another head, so they would glow.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I would totally take an Exacto knife and cut out the excess plastic around the eyes. Giving him creepy hollow eyes.

Comment

• nazgul
          Lord of Light
          • May 2, 2011

You could try replacing the "eye" beads with plastic pearls from a hobby shop; they are super-glued in. Or you could use eyes from another head, so they would glow.
          Cool, thanks for the tips, I would defiantly want it to glow ....I noticed that the other Monsters have a red or green dot at the center of their eye...do some Mummys have a dot, and others don't?

I would totally take an Exacto knife and cut out the excess plastic around the eyes. Giving him creepy hollow eyes.
          I was thinking something similar....he does look uber-creepy with out the eyes!

I would just pick up a type 1 with a nice head and swap them out. Nice score by the way.
          Thanks, like I said, this is the first one I've come across...gives me hope that i might be able to get T-2's on the other 3....
          You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• HumanWolfman
            Type3Toys Has Transformed
            • Oct 5, 2011

Originally posted by nazgul
            Cool, thanks for the tips, I would defiantly want it to glow ....I noticed that the other Monsters have a red or green dot at the center of their eye...do some Mummys have a dot, and others don't?

I was thinking something similar....he does look uber-creepy with out the eyes!

Thanks, like I said, this is the first one I've come across...gives me hope that i might be able to get T-2's on the other 3....
            I have all 4 Type 2 and they are amazing. They come with 2 different glow hands too. On the Mummy you posted are the thinner hands. There is also a thicker, even cooler pair that came on the frankenstien. Those hands are actually the best, most realistic hands that mego ever made IMO.
            View My Customs
            www.type3toys.com
            or check here
            http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Mummy eyes, unlike the other Monsters, do not have pupils.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎