X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Popping out a neck plug

I just got a Batgirl and had the neck plug pop off into the head. I'm trying to figure how to get it out of the head.
  • MegoCapnMike
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 22, 2012

Just a thought. Please note, I am still new at the repair portion of Mego collecting and have NOT tried this, so I would see what others say before trying. If it were a standard male type head (with only sculpted hair - not the actual synthetic hair) I might try some warm/luke warm water and tweezers or small needle nose pliers. The warm water is very helpful in softening up the plastic for putting heads on or taking them off, but I honestly have no idea what it would do to one of the heads with actual hair. It could cause the hair to come out for all I know, so like I said, I would check with others first that may be more experienced in this area. Or if you happen to have the head of a different figure that you don't care about, you could test with that. Either way, just an idea. Don't know if it would work or not.
    Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Using tweezers or small pliers is a good idea. Just be careful. The hair shouldn't come out unless you end up snagging it and pulling it out. Heating the head a bit shouldn't hurt the hair either.... although it'd make it even easier to accidentally yank out, but a little care should prevent that. If you use warm water, let the head dry before putting it back on. Another option (a holdover from my garage kit days) is to use a hair dryer with a medium setting.

Don C.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I used tweezers. The tip of the neck stem had broke off. Was not easy to remove.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 22, 2012

Did it work at least?
          Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah. Like I said wasn't easy.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎