Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trek Collectors, please share your Mugato knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Trek Collectors, please share your Mugato knowledge...

What caused the discoloration between the belts and shirts on the Stak Trek Mugato figs?... does this same issue exist in other releases?

I've even seen carded versions with horrific discoloration. Can it be removed from the shirt?

Thanks for the intel.
    Last edited by Confessional; Oct 29, '12, 3:09 PM.
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Dye bleed transfer to the best of my knowledge and no, I've never seen it removed.

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

It cannot be removed - it will ruin the shirts.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, if you want a Mugato, you have to accept a stained shirt at this point. Andorians also have the issue to a lesser extent. I've also seen crew members with the problem, if at one point long ago someone put their belt on over top of the shirt instead of below it.

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by hobub
          Dye bleed transfer to the best of my knowledge and no, I've never seen it removed.
          Same. I've never seen one without.
          Sammy

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

I had 2 discolored Mugato shirts, I've been tried to washed it 2 times but still not working... Oh well, I better leave them alone.

I remember hobub told me to put a black elc. tape under of the belt will protect the Mugato and Andorian's top tunic/shirt.

Andorian's tunic is simple removed by Remove-Zit: http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/sta...lonvinyl.shtml

But be careful with factory painted diamond - like buttons thing on it's tunic.
            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

All good info, thanks!

Sooo... if you acquired Mugato, showing no signs of staining (yet), on a card that was a little crunchy and bent, would you remove him in an effort to save the shirt or leave him inside and risk it?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I would open anything.

I'd keep the original belt aside, and replace it for display with a modern Doc/Emce repro. And I'd probaby hand-launder & block-dry the shirt. You can always save the open card.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scifiguy94
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2009

Originally posted by GeneralApeGuy
                  I had 2 discolored Mugato shirts, I've been tried to washed it 2 times but still not working... Oh well, I better leave them alone.

I remember hobub told me to put a black elc. tape under of the belt will protect the Mugato and Andorian's top tunic/shirt.

Andorian's tunic is simple removed by Remove-Zit: http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/sta...lonvinyl.shtml

But be careful with factory painted diamond - like buttons thing on it's tunic.
                  You still have the Mugato I sold you? That is one of the best colored shirts I've seen loose or packaged.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                    All good info, thanks!

Sooo... if you acquired Mugato, showing no signs of staining (yet), on a card that was a little crunchy and bent, would you remove him in an effort to save the shirt or leave him inside and risk it?
                    Good question. I would leave him in their. Reason being he lasted that long why change it. A few years back I scored a Cheron on a beater card. He was pristine. I thought about opening him up but couldn't do it. I ended up giving him to my sister for her collection. He's still on the card and has no rot.
                    Sammy

Comment

• scifiguy94
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2009

Yes, I would leave him closed too since he's lasted this long. I'm still looking for a 14 back Cheron without the dreaded stain.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                        Love to play with Megos
                        • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by scifiguy94
                        You still have the Mugato I sold you? That is one of the best colored shirts I've seen loose or packaged.
                        I had yours but not that one I wash his shirt, I did leave it alone. I'm talking about I had the other 2 Mugatos since 2004-'07. Both of them has discolered shirts with stains that ruined by OXI Clean and other one I've been tried washed it's stained shirt with stain lifter, still not working... so, I leave them alone. I sold 2 Mugatos with discolered shirts years ago then this year I bought yours that I sold him to our MM member because of 4 Cipsa POTA figures that can't be holds till 2 months last April, 2012.... kinda in hurry and sold almost all of my POTA collection and quicky paid off for nayrbgo.....

Last edited by Mr Mego; Nov 18, '12, 3:04 PM.
                        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎