X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Colors of vintage vinyl Lab Tables?

I have seen both "oak" (tan textured) and walnut (dk. brown textured) foldable, vinyl-covered lab tables.

The POTA playsets seem to come with both styles? And the MM Castle has tan ones?

Can anyone here shed light on when these were properly issued--are the dark ones later?

(And since the MM Castle actually incorporates dk. brown vinyl, why was a tan table included?)

Thank you!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Good question,i believe i read both colors were issued with the treehouse/village.I dont know which colors were first.I would bet the same is true about the MM castle,came in both colors.The gallery pic of the MM castle looks to have a darker table shown with it.I have both the lighter and darker tables,they both have "woodgrain" vinyl.One that i just found tonight doing an Ebay search is lighter but has a marble like appearance instead of woodgrain.I have not seen that version before. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGO-ORIGINAL-8-PARTS-PLANET-OF-THE-APES-TREEHOUSE-TABLE-2-NRMINT-/370676582307?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item564e0bc 7a3

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Here's a shot of my lighter"oak" table and the lighter"marble" table.I had always thought these only came in lighter and darker woodgrains,so i learned something new tonight.
      [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-SbVvV3J/0/M/i-SbVvV3J-M.jpg[/img]
      [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-nBcTDSD/0/M/i-nBcTDSD-M.jpg[/img]

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

hmmmm---never seen that marble one, either
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
          • Oct 14, 2012

Never seen the marble one either. Just light and dark grain wood here.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎