• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VinMan
    Career Member Mego Maniac
    • Sep 6, 2012

Swapping Heads

Mego Masters
    I need to swap a head on a T1 body and am nervous. Is it really just "pop it off" "pop it on"?

Is there anything I need to do? SO nervous I am going to ruin Tarzans head.

Any advice????

VinMan
    Mego Padawan
  • mikeMc6
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 24, 2012

Practice on a beater mego figure if you have one... I've also dipped the head in almost hot water to loosen him up. More veteran members may not recommend that so if it was your secret identity head i wouldn't suggest that. When you do get the head off, definitely dip the replacemrnt head plug in hot water, quickly dry it and it should pop in.
    INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
    WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

For me i always hated having to play with water and it takes longer. I always use a hair dryer. Just make sure you use it to long or directly on the head as it could melt. A good 10-15 seconds usually works, sometimes 20 seconds, moving the hair dryer back and forth. This softens up the plastic enough to easily pop a head off and for putting one back on. I find it to be much easier and faster than the water methods, and you don't have to worry about spilling water everywhere.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Lubricant. Use a vinyl conditioner/cleaner which won't damage the paint/vinyl, but will remove any dirt and some staining, as well as provide less resistance as you squeeze and guide the plug into the hole.

Gods, that read *so* wrong! :P

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎