X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Stain removal

Not sure if this is the best area for this question but does anyone have any tips or suggestions on getting stains out of original mego costumes? My specfic problem is with dark stains around the shoulders of Supergirls uniform. I have seen this before on some of the blue costumes on Supergirl, Mr. Fantastic and Superman. I'm not sure if it is the fabric reacting with the plastic or what? The stains looks like light "rusty" spots. Anyone else run into this problem and found a way to remove the stain? I have tried laundry detergent, stain stick, Resolve Stain remover, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
  • PoorMansJB
    • Nov 1, 2010

Generally speaking, really dark stains and a colored fabric are tough, but have a look at Twin Pines of Maine; it's a company that has developed very specific solvents for "doll" clothing and plastics. I have a couple of their cleaning products but haven't used them yet; their product (Remove Zit) for restoring plastics has been great for removing Sharpie facial hair and other ink type stains.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PoorMansJB
      Generally speaking, really dark stains and a colored fabric are tough, but have a look at Twin Pines of Maine; it's a company that has developed very specific solvents for "doll" clothing and plastics. I have a couple of their cleaning products but haven't used them yet; their product (Remove Zit) for restoring plastics has been great for removing Sharpie facial hair and other ink type stains.
      Great! Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find those. It's worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎